posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Here there be dictators.

OzOne wrote:
Bush immediately vetoes Iraq pullout Bill

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Under our Constitution we have provisions for this IF that is what the
American people really want. 3/4's of the entirety of COngress must vote
agaisnt the veto to pass the bill...IF the American people really want
that bill passed, they will write their COngressmen/women and their
Senators and tell them to vote for the Bill...IF you don't see this
happening it means one thing: the American people don't really want the
bill passed. Of course, that could be for any number of reasons, ennui,
aparthy, and just plain ignorance being included there, but the fact
remains, IF they really want that bill to pass, there is a way.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
OzOne wrote:
Bush immediately vetoes Iraq pullout Bill

Oz1...of the 3 twins. I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Under our Constitution we have provisions for this IF that is what the
American people really want. 3/4's of the entirety of COngress must vote
agaisnt the veto to pass the bill...IF the American people really want
that bill passed, they will write their COngressmen/women and their
Senators and tell them to vote for the Bill...IF you don't see this
happening it means one thing: the American people don't really want the
bill passed. Of course, that could be for any number of reasons, ennui,
aparthy, and just plain ignorance being included there, but the fact
remains, IF they really want that bill to pass, there is a way.

In a perfect world, that might be true. Sadly the party lines will be
followed pretty much in the vote to overturn the veto. Politics in
Washington control virtually everything that happens in chambers there.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 01 May 2007 20:49:32 -0400, katy wrote:

Under our Constitution we have provisions for this IF that is what the
American people really want. 3/4's of the entirety of COngress must vote
agaisnt the veto to pass the bill...

Uh, it's 2/3 of each house to override a veto.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
katy wrote:
OzOne wrote:
Bush immediately vetoes Iraq pullout Bill

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Under our Constitution we have provisions for this IF that is what the
American people really want. 3/4's of the entirety of COngress must vote
agaisnt the veto to pass the bill...IF the American people really want
that bill passed, they will write their COngressmen/women and their
Senators and tell them to vote for the Bill...IF you don't see this
happening it means one thing: the American people don't really want the
bill passed. Of course, that could be for any number of reasons, ennui,
aparthy, and just plain ignorance being included there, but the fact
remains, IF they really want that bill to pass, there is a way.

Not quite so simple... But, I know you would prefer to think this way.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On May 2, 12:45 pm, (Jonathan Ganz) wrote:
In article ,

katy wrote:
OzOne wrote:
[...]

Capt. JG - Hide quoted text -

Thats right, the evil bush halliburton empire will send out storm
troppers to demolish communications to congress. Just as they took out
the twin towers. Better look out your window Jon, there coming to get
you... Booo!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
Not quite so simple... But, I know you would prefer to think this way.

Thats right, the evil bush halliburton empire will send out storm
troppers to demolish communications to congress. Just as they took out
the twin towers. Better look out your window Jon, there coming to get
you... Booo!

Yeah, forget the illegal wire-taps and arresting innocent US civilians
off the streets. Don't even think about it Joe.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

oups.com...

katy wrote:
OzOne wrote:
[...]

You forgot Cheney.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
katy wrote:
OzOne wrote:
Bush immediately vetoes Iraq pullout Bill

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Under our Constitution we have provisions for this IF that is what the
American people really want. 3/4's of the entirety of COngress must vote
agaisnt the veto to pass the bill...IF the American people really want
that bill passed, they will write their COngressmen/women and their
Senators and tell them to vote for the Bill...IF you don't see this
happening it means one thing: the American people don't really want the
bill passed. Of course, that could be for any number of reasons, ennui,
aparthy, and just plain ignorance being included there, but the fact
remains, IF they really want that bill to pass, there is a way.

Not quite so simple...

Amen. Our system is hardly for, by, and of the people.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:

OzOne wrote:

[...]

Only becasue the people are too lame to get up and do anything about
it...except bitch and moan...