posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Typical Fiberglass Story

Three men were rescued off the coast of Florida after a rogue wave
tore apart their 49-foot sailboat.

Everette Sezler, John Fisher and Doug Plowden were in the water
more than 30 hours after their boat sank during a trip from Port
Canaveral to the Bahamas, reported television station WKMG in Orlando,
Fla.

"We took a dip and the bow dove," Plowden told WKMG. "It was
incredible. I've never seen a boat come apart that quickly in my whole
life."

A friend reported them missing when they failed to show up in the
Bahamas. The U.S. Coast Guard found the men on Sunday night about 60
miles off the coast of Port Canaveral by spotting rescue flares, WKMG
said.

The men were reported exhausted but not seriously injured.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

Three men were rescued off the coast of Florida after a rogue wave
tore apart their 49-foot sailboat.

Everette Sezler, John Fisher and Doug Plowden were in the water
more than 30 hours after their boat sank during a trip from Port
Canaveral to the Bahamas, reported television station WKMG in Orlando,
Fla.

"We took a dip and the bow dove," Plowden told WKMG. "It was
incredible. I've never seen a boat come apart that quickly in my whole
life."

A friend reported them missing when they failed to show up in the
Bahamas. The U.S. Coast Guard found the men on Sunday night about 60
miles off the coast of Port Canaveral by spotting rescue flares, WKMG
said.

The men were reported exhausted but not seriously injured.

I wasn't aware Macgregor made 49 footers now.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

BoatUS reported that it was a 49' steel ketch that had
plates welded over several rust holes. The one plate left
loose, causing the sinking. Sad.

Scotty

ups.com...