posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default OT - Katy made an excellent point.

In a post way down the line here Katy made the point, when some fool
posted that those British marines and sailors "were treated well" by the
Iranian kidnappers, how come when coalition military people are put in
solitary confinement, blindfolded, sleep deprived, had guns cocked
nearby so they thought they would be shot any minute that's called being
treated well. So you can be kidnapped and tortured and have the Geneva
Accords tossed out the window if you're a member of the Western
military, but, if you are a terrorist or an enemy combatant from a
different country fighting against the coalition in Iraq if you have
women's underwear put on your head and if you are made to crawl on
all-fours with a guard dog barking at you it suddenly becomes torture
and mistreatment of the very worst kind?

Answer it honestly, if you can.

I say it's a colossal double standard and a demonstration of how
politics is used to skew things all out of proportions so kidnapping and
torture is OK for them but a crime for us. We're always the bad guys and
the terrorists are always the poor innocent good guy victims. And it's
done by Democrats, for the most part, just to further their political
agenda. They falsely paint the United States as a war-mongering,
torturing, civil rights abusing, totalitarian regime. And they support
countries that actually ARE war-mongering, torturing, civil rights
abusing totalitarian regimes. They want to appease our enemies. They
want the US punished for its greatness thinking that will cause other
countries to love and respect us. What a sick, disgraceful and
un-American agenda these liberal Democrats have! They are traitors. And
the moderate Democrats are just as bad because not but perhaps one or
two of them open their mouths to protest the liberal Democrat
anti-American agenda.

Wilbur Hubbard