posted to uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa

Default Unbelievable .. simply unbelievable

Ted Bell wrote:

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
Ted ,, I'm posting as a concerned American. I just could not believe
my eyes when I saw how your military acted.

You are the British. That has always meant something to me. A long
tradition of excellence when it comes to your military.

Now I witness what I believe is total nonsense.

If you are going to send your forces out with weapons, loaded, to
inspect ships; by God you must be prepared to kill anyone who
gets in your way.

This is a war. Its about time the "west" figured this out.

You are 100% correct except I'm no Brit. I'm a red-blooded American
entrepreneur who owns and operates Ted's of Beverly Hills Steakhouse and
who happens to agree that the Brits dropped the ball. Their sailors and
marines allowed themselves to be used for propaganda purposes. They
played right into the hands of the enemy. And Prime Minister Blair was
made to look impotent. The entire affair was a disgrace. I think they
need to all sit down and eat some steaks cooked rare with a baked potato
wrapped in tin foil. Something's wrong with their hormones. Too much
estrogen and not enough testosterone it seems to me.

Until the west gets serious and starts recognizing and slapping down
with great force threats from Iran and the terrorist Islamic Fascists
war mongers, the trouble will continue to get worse until it comes to a
head which it eventually will. Pay me now or pay me later. The trouble
is paying later is going to be the difference between the check for a
kiddy hamburger and fries meal and a filet mignon and baked potato meal.
First, I was appalled how the Israel Army tucked tail and ran last year
in the Lebanon war. I never expected the great Israeli army to throw in
the towel for political reasons like that.

What political reasons are you talking about? Pulling out is sometimes the
best tactic, something the grand army of Napoleon and Hitler's wehrmacht
failed to do in Russia. I think the terrorists got the worse end of that
engagement in Lebanon. Israel kicked the hell out of their infrastructure.
Israel had no intention of capturing that territory. It did get the UN of
it's
ass to patrol the borders, like they should have originally. Don't be
surprised if
Israel goes back into Lebanon, if the UN doesn't do their job. This time
the Israelli's will have better intelligence, and finish the job.

By the way, I think those Brits should be court martialed for conduct
unbecoming
a soldier. Too many captured soldiers have died under much worse
conditions
to excuse their behavior.

Sherwin D.

And now Great Briton follows
suit. What's going on? What happened to people with a backbone running
the military? Even our own congress since the liberal Democrats took
over are demonstrating how weak on freedom they are. Oh, how I pray
another Barry Goldwater, the greatest American of all times, would come
along. Or, at least another Ronald Reagan, the second greatest American!

I'm Ted Bell!

[...]

I'm Ted Bell!- Hide quoted text -

But we're not at war. They were arrested for trespass, not captured.
They were well treated and released after the Iranians had taken the
**** enough to amuse them. What more do your want?

posted to uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa
Jan Jan is offline

oups.com...
[...]

The American way is to have 15 of their own killed, then kill 20 Iranians
and declare victory. Simple minds, simple solutions.

[...]

How come it's "well treated" when it's Brit soldiers being made to stand
clindfolded for hours with guns being coked near their heads, but it's
torture when the US does something similar to Iranian terrorists?
posted to uk.rec.sailing,alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

[...]

torture when the US does something similar to Iranian terrorists?- Hide quoted text -

Cuz Duncan is a ****** and feels better about his countrys failures if
he destorts the truth.
Most likely he sent hate mail to Blair and love letters to Saddam.

They were not arrested for trespassing, they were taken hostage in
iraqi waters.

Joe

"katy" wrote in message

How come it's "well treated" when it's Brit soldiers being made to stand
clindfolded for hours with guns being coked near their heads, but it's
torture when the US does something similar to Iranian terrorists?

Excuse me, but we're supposed be better than terrorists. We should not be
torturing people. Unfortunately, this isn't the case.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

How come it's "well treated" when it's Brit soldiers being made to stand
clindfolded for hours with guns being coked near their heads, but it's
torture when the US does something similar to Iranian terrorists?

Excuse me, but we're supposed be better than terrorists. We should not be
torturing people. Unfortunately, this isn't the case.

Making someone stand is not torture....heck, the nuns used to make us do
it for hours...or kneel..it works...problem is, you're all touchy feely
about bad people..you want a rose served on their dinner tray at
mealtime and soft music playing in the background so they'll
"rehabilitate"..that doesn't work...so...make them stand and be
uncomdrtab;le...it's not like we were shoving pins under their nailbeds
or dripping water on their foreheads....grow up, Jon...the world ain't
rosy (except in yourw and O'Donnell's world)

"katy" wrote in message

Making someone stand is not torture....

nether is putting undies on your head, well, I guess it
depends on who wore them first.

Scotty

"katy" wrote in message
Capt. JG wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

[...]

You can play the personal attack card all you want. The facts are that we
allowed torture to happen to those under our control. Did your nuns
waterboard you?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

[...]

and declare victory. Simple minds, simple solutions.- Hide quoted text -

The American Way is to have an A10 shoot up your allies, and then
refuse to release evidence to the inquest in case your gung-ho heros
lose some of their medals which come with the cornflakes.