posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Just chk'g on ya!

http://www.terrisfp.com/DST/pages.html

Play Nice!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomJazz
http://community.webtv.net/tassail/AGooddayTODAY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
http://www.terrisfp.com/DST/pages.html

Play Nice!

Real sailors go by the sun. Not some artificial time setting dictated by
government. But, I guess you wouldn't know about that being that you're
a beached bum. Bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Capt. Wilbur Hubbard, III

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Dopey,

Real Sailors, not 'net sailors, that voyage across wide Oceans depend on
what you call "Artificial Time!" It is called LONGITUDE and was truly
set up by clocks.

Don't you; "Just hate it when an 80 year old fool points out your
STUPIDITY so easily!"

Did you "SPRING FORWARD?" Your Local Noon is now an HOUR different than
it was. Rather important for your NOON Sighting ( Man made Tables)

Suck it up, Dopey, your STUPIDITY IS SHOWING, once again!!!(G)

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomJazz
http://community.webtv.net/tassail/AGooddayTODAY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Hey Dopey,

Real Sailors, not 'net sailors, that voyage across wide Oceans depend
on
what you call "Artificial Time!" It is called LONGITUDE and was truly
set up by clocks.

Don't you; "Just hate it when an 80 year old fool points out your
STUPIDITY so easily!"

Did you "SPRING FORWARD?" Your Local Noon is now an HOUR different
than
it was. Rather important for your NOON Sighting ( Man made Tables)

Suck it up, Dopey, your STUPIDITY IS SHOWING, once again!!!(G)

Sorry, old chap, but it's impossible to show that which is non-existent!

My noon sighting is the same as it was prior to Daylight Saving Time. I
just push the little button labeled "on," then I wait a minute or so for
the GPS to initialize, then I read the lat/lon right off the screen.

For my laptop I didn't have to do anything either. It changed itself to
DST.

And just where did you ever get the idea longitude was set up by clocks?
Longitude is set up by geometry. You have a globe and you divide it into
360 degrees. If you are a Brit who thinks you're the center of the Earth
you place the 0/360 degree line in your own insignificant country in a
little burg named Greenwich.

If longitude was based on time, we would have to add a leap longitude
every four years. So, come now, isn't it time to apologize for casting
aspersions on a body who is superior to you in every way save years
lived but including years sailed. Bwaahahahhahahahhahahahahaha!

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Dopey,

Your STUPIDITY also extends into Geometry(?) which isn't Longitude.
Before lines of Longitude which were positioned by a clock, they used
MERIDIAN LINES that were set by GEOGRAPHY not geometry

Neal, you are to stupid for this discussion. I'll end it right here. You
are to stupid to discuss Geometry, Geography, History, Navigation,
Sailing, Sail Making, or Natural Science

Adios

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomJazz
http://community.webtv.net/tassail/AGooddayTODAY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Dopey,

Your STUPIDITY also extends into Geometry(?) which isn't Longitude.
Before lines of Longitude which were positioned by a clock, they used
MERIDIAN LINES that were set by GEOGRAPHY not geometry

Wilbur, you are to stupid for this discussion. I'll end it right here.
You
are to stupid to discuss Geometry, Geography, History, Navigation,
Sailing, Sail Making, or Natural Science

Now, that's funny! Lines of longitude are also called meridian lines but
meridian lines have nothing whatsoever to do with the time clock.
Perhaps you are getting confused by the interest in developing an
accurate chronometer which was necessary for early sailors to plot
longitude by using the geometry of the stars and other heavenly bodies.
Unfortunately that is a side issue which, while it might confuse low IQ
types, has nothing to do with meridians of longitude beings based on the
ticking of a clock.

Meridians of longitude DO have everything to do with 360 degrees in a
circle, however. Honestly, old chap, you sure have some odd ball ideas.
No wonder you sold your inferior motor boat (the one with the cosmetic
sails). Probably couldn't find your way back home because the time on
your watch didn't match up with your Meridian. Hence, you used more
diesel fuel than you could afford.

Wilbur Hubbard

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
: http://www.terrisfp.com/DST/pages.html
:
: Play Nice!

I always play nice, thom.
:
:

--
Steve Leyland
mhm32x16 Smeeter#24 WSD#41

=^MEOW MEOW ARMY^=

The less a man thinks or knows about his virtues, the better we like
him. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Warning to all: Steve Leyland is a trolling **** of the highest order.
Killfile the muppet now and move on. Even the briefest of searches on
his past UseNet posts will reveal the truth. You have been warned.
*plonk*" bear, uk.rec.motorcycles
"This sig is an abomination of all that is good and right about usenet.
Do the entire world a favor and REMOVE YOURSELF FROM USENET ALTOGETHER,
DUMBASS." miguel, soc.singles
"must you include your 75847548574893579345 gigabyte sig file in every
****ing post? You're very annoying." projectile vomit chick,
alt.music.ozzy
"I went to the Garden of Love, And saw what I never had seen;
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut
And "Thou shalt not," writ over the door;
So I turned to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore.

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tombstones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires."

William Blake.
"When the Earth has been ravaged and the animals are dying, a tribe of
people from all races, creeds and colours shall put their faith in
deeds, not words, and make the land green again. They shall be known as
Warriors of the Rainbow, protectors of the environment."

Native American prophecy

Meow