posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Anchor Chain

"Milton Waddams" wrote in message
What is the best way to tie off the anchor chain in the chain locker?
Should it just be left free? I am reluctant to run a large bolt
throught the last link because I don't want it ripping through the
deck. It would be nice to have something easy to disengage rather than
something real permanent. Any suggestions? As always, thanks.

Milton

Like Wilbur Hubbard said already. Another stupid question. Should it
just be left free? Haaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! You idiot.
NEVER leave the bitter end of an anchor rode free. It's an invitation to
disaster. You can lose the anchor, chain and rode overboard very easily.

What you should do is install a substantial pad eye or eye bolt in your
anchor locker backed with a large backing plate and through bolted.
Connect the chain with a stainless steel shackle. You're not welcome.

Harry Harris