posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Search for Jim Gray ends

Looks like the search has been suspended.

Very strange, given the weather for that day....

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...l#anchor279789

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jonathan... I just posted the same type thread over
at "rec.boats.cruising" and was going to do same here
.... but saw your entry.

Any how... since this sad and mysterious mishap ocurred
in your waters... so to speak... keep all of us informed
on any scuttlebut and/or hard info that may come your way.

Best regards

Bill

Channel Islands Harbor
Oxnard, California

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Looks like the search has been suspended.

Very strange, given the weather for that day....

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...l#anchor279789

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Thank God. I thought they'd never give up.

Jim Gray

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 21, 2:53 pm, (Jonathan Ganz) wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:

Jonathan... I just posted the same type thread over
at "rec.boats.cruising" and was going to do same here
... but saw your entry.

Any how... since this sad and mysterious mishap ocurred
in your waters... so to speak... keep all of us informed
on any scuttlebut and/or hard info that may come your way.

Best regards

Bill

Channel Islands Harbor
Oxnard, California

I just talked to someone who used to work with him. He couldn't think
of any reason for a deliberate deception on Jim's part, but it had
been a couple of years since they worked together.

--
Capt. JG - Hide quoted text -

I bet he was mashed in the Potato patch Jon...sad to say... but thats
my guess.

Or and more likely, he deep sixed himself with his mothers ashes and
the boat off the shelf. If his insurance company knew he killed
himself then they do not pay his family...this way they pay. The guys
not a dummy.

The boat will be found sooner rather than later (on the bottom)

Joe
Marine Physic

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Looks like the search has been suspended.

Very strange, given the weather for that day....

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...l#anchor279789

I'm guessing he took off for parts unknown. Midlife crisis? Sick of work?
Sterling Hayden-type wanderlust?

It makes no sense that absolutely no part of his boat or gear has been
located. And the Bermuda Triangle is in the Atlantic, so that dog won't
hunt.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...Feb21.html#anc...

I'm guessing he took off for parts unknown. Midlife crisis? Sick of work?
Sterling Hayden-type wanderlust?

Nahh..It's sad to say ..but the seas are to crowded these days for the
boat not to be seen.
Toss in a bldg full of geeks with space born images, c-130, helo's,
cutters, mexicans, Canooks, on and on looking his C&C is underwater.

He's is in Davy Jones Locker.

Beats dying in a hospital from cancer, or a dozen other ailments IMO.
Thats how I want to go. Straped to the wheel in a raging storm.

The guy did not look in the best of health in the pictures I've seen,
perhaps he charted a course and sailed his final voyage by choice.

It makes no sense that absolutely no part of his boat or gear has been
located. And the Bermuda Triangle is in the Atlantic, so that dog won't
hunt.

Makes perfect sence if it was scuttled off the shelf, far far out.

Joe

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article .com,
Joe wrote:
I bet he was mashed in the Potato patch Jon...sad to say... but thats
my guess.

Not possible on that day..

Or and more likely, he deep sixed himself with his mothers ashes and
the boat off the shelf. If his insurance company knew he killed
himself then they do not pay his family...this way they pay. The guys
not a dummy.

I find this hard to believe also. His wife would be plenty well-off
without the insurance.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 21, 4:08 pm, (Jonathan Ganz) wrote:
In article .com,

Joe wrote:
I bet he was mashed in the Potato patch Jon...sad to say... but thats
my guess.

Not possible on that day..

Or and more likely, he deep sixed himself with his mothers ashes and
the boat off the shelf. If his insurance company knew he killed
himself then they do not pay his family...this way they pay. The guys
not a dummy.

I find this hard to believe also. His wife would be plenty well-off
without the insurance.

--
Capt. JG

Maybe a UFO picked him up.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:32:13 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Looks like the search has been suspended.

Very strange, given the weather for that day....

http://www.latitude38.com/LectronicL...l#anchor279789

I'm guessing he took off for parts unknown. Midlife crisis? Sick of
work?
Sterling Hayden-type wanderlust?

It makes no sense that absolutely no part of his boat or gear has been
located. And the Bermuda Triangle is in the Atlantic, so that dog
won't
hunt.

Max

The search area was extended to as far as the boat could have possible
traveled
either under sail or motor in the time elapsed. Unless he had mounted
a rocket
engine, they pretty well covered the whole area he might have reached.

CWM

Not so! They only searched the area where he said he was going. What if
he went in
a different direction on purpose?

Wilbur Hubbard

The search for Jim Gray is over. [email protected] Cruising 0 February 21st 07 07:53 PM
Halifax Goes Dry basskisser General 40 April 8th 05 04:39 PM
Nice boat........ [email protected] General 67 April 5th 05 09:58 PM
40022 Mining the Web: Jacobian Matrix Constructs with eigenVectorSearching 40022 Web Science ASA 0 November 16th 04 10:01 PM
20627 Mining the Web: eigenVectors, Kriging, Inverse DistanceWeighting Searches 20627 Web Science Cruising 0 November 16th 04 10:01 PM