BoatBanter.com

-   -   Salvaging or scavenging? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/77734-salvaging-scavenging.html)

Joe January 24th 07 08:14 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

On Jan 24, 1:59 pm, "Scotty" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in oglegroups.com...

We are not talking about our job, or the work we were

hired to do. We
went above and beyond for the company. It was a windfall

for the
company due to our extra efforts. If I handed you a 1.5

million
dollars, because when I was driving your truck, I picked

up howard
hughes hitchhicking ...how much would you give me? Keep in

mind I did
not have to tell you squat.mmmm, prolly about 50k. You should be grateful you got

anything.

cheap *******!

Joe

Scotty

Ellen MacArthur January 24th 07 08:21 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

"Scotty" wrote
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

That's where your house is. Your IP number comes from Manheim. I searched it.....

Cheers,
Ellen

Ellen MacArthur January 24th 07 08:27 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

"Scotty" wrote

I forgot the map. Here it is: http://www.google.com/maps?q=Manheim...i=map&ct=title
Just go south on 72 to Lancaster then north on 501 to Manheim.
This girl can google. :-)

Cheers,
Ellen

Joe January 24th 07 08:28 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

On Jan 24, 1:29 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Sorry, but this has to be in at least pigeon English before I can
understand
it.

Take a few hits of purple micro-dot, or orange sunshine then try to
understand.

Joe

--
"j" ganz

Ellen MacArthur January 24th 07 08:42 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

"Joe" wrote
Take a few hits of purple micro-dot, or orange sunshine then try to
understand.

I wonder if those drugs he took that he talked about in those posts Gilligan googled
turned Capt. JG into a homosexual?

Cheers,
Ellen

Capt. JG January 24th 07 08:58 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 24, 1:29 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Sorry, but this has to be in at least pigeon English before I can
understand
it.

Take a few hits of purple micro-dot, or orange sunshine then try to
understand.

Joe

--
"j" ganz

Is that your technique? Does that work for you? I use reality.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Joe January 24th 07 09:22 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

On Jan 24, 2:58 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

I use altered reality.

Like this?

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs11/300...ELYVILLAIN.jpg

Joe

--
"j" ganz

Jeff January 24th 07 09:38 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

Dave wrote:

Why do you believe US courts would not enforce the LLoyds contract? Does it
call for jurisdiction and venue exclusively in another jurisdiction?

Yes, in London. And under British law, the loser typically pays all
cost, so it's essentially impossible to argue over a few thousand bucks.

Joe January 24th 07 09:39 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

On Jan 24, 3:20 pm, Dave wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:29:28 -0800, "Capt. JG" said:

We all know that we're
required to help fellow boaters,Where do you find this requirement?

Just because you have a contract doesn't mean you're limited
to what you'll insist on collecting.Simply a wrong statement of the law.

In other words, your Lloyds contract isn't worth it and best not used. If
one has to use a contract to feel more secure, one based and enforced by US
jurisdiction would be more appropriate; thus, the one I mentioned from
BoatUS.Why do you believe US courts would not enforce the LLoyds contract? Does it

call for jurisdiction and venue exclusively in another jurisdiction?

Yes. But keep in mind, Lloyds insures most of the worlds ships and
cargo's. I'm sure London has 100's of lawyers that do nothing but work
for salvors and ship owners. It's the Mecca of Sea Lawyers...they have
a rich history of diving up booty .

Joe

http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/shiplaw/fulltext/lof2000.pdf

I. Arbitration and the LSSA Clauses: The Contractors' remuneration
and/or special compensation shall
by arbitration in London in the manner prescribed by Lloyd's Standard
Salvage and Arbitration Clauses
Clauses") and Lloyd's Procedural Rules. The provisions of the LSSA
Clauses and Lloyd's Procedural
deemed to be incorporated in this agreement and form an integral part
hereof. Any other difference arising
agreement or the operations hereunder shall be referred to arbitration
in the same way.
J. Governing law: This agreement and any arbitration hereunder shall be
governed by English law.

Capt. JG January 24th 07 10:17 PM

Salvaging or scavenging?

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 24, 2:58 pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:

I use reality.

Like this?

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs11/300...ELYVILLAIN.jpg

Joe

--
"j" ganz

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com