posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Ohoy Jim C -- Macgregor Sailboats - the definitive essay.

This letter is not intended to assuage your worst fears about Macgregor Sailboats
but will, in most cases, confirm them. Let me cut to the chase: If Macgregor
Sailboats management's thinking was cerebral rather than glandular, they wouldn't
consider it such a good idea to hijack the word "hydrodynamic" and use it to keep us
hypnotized so we don't make it answer for its shortcomings. On a completely different
tack, just because Macgregor Sailboats and its JimC clone hack advocates don't like
being labeled as "reparative poltroons" or "blinkered scalawags" or "brainwashed
nincompoops" doesn't mean the shoe doesn't fit.

If the word "historiographical" occurs to the reader, he or she may recall that
Macgregor Sailboats once tried to prevent people from thinking and visualizing beyond
an increasingly psychologically caged existence, at least insofar as this post is
concerned. Though I am not a proponent of conflict, if you think that Macgregor
Sailboats can achieve its goals by friendly and moral conduct, then you're suffering
from very serious nearsightedness. You're focusing too much on what Macgregor Sailboats
wants you to see and failing to observe many other things of much greater importance,
such as that if the human race is to survive on this planet, we will have to ring the
bells of truth. If I am correct that Macgregor Sailboats, using every conceivable means
for its purpose, is determined to prevent me from sleeping soundly at night, then some
scurrilous unemployed lawyers are actually considering helping Macgregor Sailboats
reduce history to an overdetermined, wireframe sketch of what are, in reality, complex,
dynamic events. How quickly such people forget that they were lied to, made fun of,
and ridiculed by Macgregor Sailboats as well as the majority of this group's subscribers
on numerous occasions.

Anyway, the consequence of all this is that relative to just a few years ago, baleful
prima donnas are nearly ten times as likely to believe that lies are meant to be taken
as truth. This is neither a coincidence nor simply a sign of the times. Rather, it
reflects a sophisticated, psychological warfare program designed by Macgregor
Sailboats to subvert time-tested sailboat safety norms and standards of construction.

I plan to take off the kid gloves and vent some real anger at Macgregor Sailboats along
with it's paid simpering advocates like JimC. This is a choice I have made; your choice is
up to you. But let me remind you that Macgregor Sailboats believes that we can all sail
together happily without ever realizing Macgregor sailboats are little more than motorboats
in drag.

Yes, brain-dead like the members of some 1960s-style dope-smoking commune are advocates
of Macgregor products. Unfortunately, as long as it believes such absurdities, it will continue
to commit atrocities and sell pretend sailboats such as the Mac 26X and M series.I shall not
argue that Macgregor Sailboats pimp's newsgroup postings are an authentic map of its plan
to apotheosize besotted, detestable motorboaters for that is self-evident to all. Read on
and see for yourself.

If truth, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, then it would be charitable of me
not to mention that my motivations for writing this post are not of insult or hatred,
but of the deepest love for newbie sailors and the truest concern for future generations.
Fortunately, I am not beset by a spirit of false charity, so I will instead maintain that
the purpose of this post is far greater than to prove to you how wily and splenetic it
has become. The purpose of this letter is to get you to start thinking for yourself, to
start thinking about how almost every day, Macgregor Sailboat's outreaches itself in
setting new records for arrogance, deceit, and greed and a total disregard for life and
limb. It's clearly breathtaking to watch it.

If one accepts the framework I've laid out here, it follows that if Macgregor Sailboats
can't be reasoned out of its shoddy standards, it must be laughed out of them. If
Macgregor Sailboats can't be argued out of its disregard for sailor safety, it must be
shamed out of it. Rather than persuade you myself, I decided to gather input from various
independent observers: sailors, longshoremen, chandlery operators, tow boat operators,
and so forth. I've tried to get balanced and reasonably accurate views about Macgregor
Sailboat's hectoring strictures. Almost to a man they informed me Macgregors are
laughably ugly and unsuited for anything but sheltered water day sailing. For instance,
a tow boat captain I interviewed pointed out how prudence is no vice. Lack of standards
-- especially Macgregor Sailboat's sordid form of it -- is.

Macgregor Sailboats has announced its intentions to engender total dumbing down of new
sailors. While doing so may earn Macgregor Sailboats a gold star from the mush-for-brains
elitism crowd as evidenced by JimC, it may be considered to be manufacturing weapons of
mass destruction considering the sales numbers of the infamous Mac26X and M. Then again,
I consider all Macgregor Sailboats to be weapons of mass destruction.

Do you really think Macgregor Sailboats will ever learn from its mistakes? Macgregor
Sailboats needs a refill of its medication. Hard to believe? Then consider the following
statement from one of Macgregor Sailboat's impulsive assistants: "Honor counts for nothing,
sales are our god." Pretty sanctimonious, huh? Well, we cannot afford to waste our time,
resources, and energy by dwelling upon inequities of the past. Instead, we must today say
"no" to Macgregor Sailboat's hidebound, birdbrained perorations. Doing so would be
significantly easier if more people were to understand that I'm sticking out my neck a bit
in talking about Macgregor Sailboat's complaints. It's quite likely they will try to retaliate
against me for my telling you that they maintain that there is no company-wide conspiracy
to sap and reduce to zero our financial reserves tying buyers to hideously high percentage
factory loans that result in pejorative monthly payments which in turn result in an up-side
down status for hapless pay-as-you-goers.

Perhaps it would be best for them to awaken from their delusional narcoleptic fantasyland
and observe that if one dares to criticize even a single tenet of its rip-off business practices,
one is promptly condemned as disloyal, larcenous, imperious, or whatever epithet they deems
most appropriate, usually without much explanation. So they browbeat those who defame their
sinfully inadequate sailboats while they pay out-of-work lawyers like JimC to laud and hype
their sailboats while they threaten litigation against those whose opinions differ from their
own.

Just because scornful, rancid obstructionism exists and has for a long time, there is
no reason for us to accept it from Macgregor Sailboats. Macgregor Sailboats sympathizers
believe that Macgregor Sailboats knows 100% of everything 100% of the time. Although it
is perhaps impossible to change the perspective of those who have such beliefs, I wish
nevertheless to recognize and emphasize the opinions, practices, and behavior of those
who are more firmly grounded and realistic about the general unseaworthiness of the Mac
26 line in particular.

Paladin
Have gun - will travel)

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Absolutely the finest writing and thinking to have crossed this group in
years!

Standing ovation!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Gilligan wrote:
"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message

Absolutely the finest writing and thinking to have crossed this group in
years!

And totally content free!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Gilligan wrote:
"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message

Absolutely the finest writing and thinking to have crossed this group in
years!

And totally content free!

In that case, nothing is new from Neal.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Gilligan wrote:
"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message

Absolutely the finest writing and thinking to have

crossed this group in
years!

And totally content free!

Could you tell me the jist of the post. It was entirely too
long (and boring) to read the whole thing.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Paladin wrote:
[...]

Now that is funny and entertaining!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
Gilligan wrote:
"Paladin" noneofyourbusiness.www wrote in message

Absolutely the finest writing and thinking to have

crossed this group in
years!

And totally content free!

Could you tell me the jist of the post. It was entirely too
long (and boring) to read the whole thing.

Scotty

He appears to regard them with some disfavour...

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Paladin wrote:
This letter is not intended to assuage your worst fears about Macgregor Sailboats
but will, in most cases, confirm them.

Perhaps it would be best for them to awaken from their delusional narcoleptic fantasyland
and observe that if one dares to criticize even a single tenet of its rip-off business practices,
one is promptly condemned as disloyal, larcenous, imperious, or whatever epithet they deems
most appropriate, usually without much explanation. So they browbeat those who defame their
sinfully inadequate sailboats while they pay out-of-work lawyers like JimC to laud and hype
their sailboats while they threaten litigation against those whose opinions differ from their
own.

Since MacGregor is paying me $50 every time I respond to notes like that
one, I think I'll have great job security for some time. The more notes
I post defending the MacGregors, the more I get paid.

Jim