posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 1890s sailing yachts of the northeast US

Help!

We are still in the process of scanning photographs of, identifying,
and researching all of the following 19th-century vessels - mostly
racing and cruising pleasure yachts associated with the New York Yacht
Club, the Seawanhaka-Corinthian Yacht Club, Indian Harbor Yacht Club,
Larchmont Yacht Club, Riverside Yacht Club, the Atlantic Yacht Club,
and other late 19th-century sailing organizations on the US east coast.
We have over 250 high-resolution images online, and are adding many
more each week on our website at http://www.jsjohnston.org .

Do you know anything about any of these late 1880s and 1890s vessels?
Not all of them are online yet - roughly half. (Thanks to Joe and DSK
and many other members of this group who have provided some great leads
in the recent past!)

Take a look at the following list - do you recognize any? Aheck our
website for what photos and (few) notes we've gathered to date. We need
your help identifying and providing background for these vessels!

Thanks a million!
Chris - http://www.jsjohnston.org

Acushla
Admiral
Akista
Alacea
Alcedo
Alert
Alicia
Allegra
Alva
Amorita
Anaconda
Anita
Argonauta
Aridne
Ariel
Asahi
Assistance
Asthore
Atalanta
Atlantic
Au Revoir
Ava
Ayla
Ballymena
Banshee
Barbara
Barracouta
Beatrice
Bedouin
Bijou
Blond
Bogie
Bonnie Doon
Brunette
Carmita
Carolina
Catarina (formerly Sans Peur)
Celia
Charlietta
Chetobar?
Chippeway
Chispa
Choctaw
Cinderella
Cirasea
Clara
Clermont
Cogma
Colonia
Columbia
Comanche
Conqueror
Constellation
Coronet
Corsair
Countess
Crescent
Cyclone
Cyclops
Cymbra
Daffodil
Dagmar
Daphne
Dauntless
Defender
Departure
Dorothy
Dorothy II
Dosoris II
Dot
Dragoon
Drusilla
Dungeness
Duquesne
Eclipse
Edna
Edwina
Egyptian
Eidolon
E. J. Sloat
El Chico
El Heirie
Electra
Elf
Elmira
Elsemarie
Embla
Emerald
Emma K.
Eos
Erin
Esperanza
Estelle
Estela
Ethelwynn(e)
Eurybia
Fairy
Fanny
Fedalma
Feiseen
Feyden
Fidelio
Frank
Freelance
Fugitive
Galatea
Gavilan
Gee Whiz
Genesta
Gesso
Glance
Glencairn
Gloriana
Gnome
Goblin
Golddust
Golden Fleece
Golden Rod
Gorilla
Gossoon
Gracie
Grayling
Gulnare
Harpoon
Helen
Helvetia?
Henry Dauer
Hera
Homing
Hope
Houri
Huron
Ideal
Ilderim
Imp
Infanta
In It
Intrepid
Iroquois
Ituna
J.C.
Javelin
Jessica
Jewel
Jubilee
Judge
Julie
Kathleen
Katrina
Kit
Kittie
Kittie V.
Kwasind
Lagonda
Lasca
Lassie
Lightship at Sandy Hook
Liris
Lotowana
Loyal
Lurline
Madrine
Mai
Marguerite
Marietta
Mariquita
Mary
Maspeth
Mayflower
Maysie
Melita
Merlin
Microbe
Mindora
Mineola
Minerva
Minnetonka
Minta
Miranda
Mischief
Moccasson
Molly Bawn
Montauk
Muriel
Musme
Myra
Nada
Narona
Narwhal
Nautilus
Navahoe
Neaera
Needle
New Jersey
Nimrod
Ninita
Nirvana
Nit
Norma
Norota
Norwood
Now Then
Nydia
Nymph
Oconee
Oenone
Onaway
Oneida
Oweene
Pappoose
Palmer
Paprika
Peerless
Phyllis
Pilgrim
Polly
Presto
Priscilla
Puritan
Pyxie
Queen Mab
Quickstep
Quissetta
Racoon
Ramona
Rana
Regina
Republic
Resolute
Reverie
Rival
Sachem
Saghaya
Sandy Hook Light Ship
Saona
Sapphire
Saracen
Sarana
Satanella
Sayonara
Scrapper
Sea Fox
Senator
Seneca
Shamrock
Shark
Shearwater
Silvia
Sirene
Skate
Smuggler
Sos
Spindrift
Spruce IV
Step Lively
Stranger
Streak
Studio
Sue Fish
Sultana
Surprise
Swananora
Syce
Tattler
Thistle
Tidal Wave
Tigress
Tillie
Titania
Toinette
Tomahawk
Tranquillo
Trilby
Ursula
Utowana
Uvira
Valiant
Valkyrie III
Vamoose
Vaquero I
Vaquero III
Varuna
Veda
Ventura
Verota
Vesper
Veto
Viator
Vigilant
Vision
Vola or Yola ?
Volsung
Volunteer
Vorant II
Wanderer
Wasp
Wave
Wawa
Wayward
Whiteladye
Wild Duck
Wilde Carde
Win or Lose
Yamba
Zara
Zelica

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The Pilgrim was built in Franklin, Maine in 1845 on Taunton Bay. A good
friend of mine owns an ancient house where the shipyard was and may have
some of the original tools used to construct the ship.

ups.com...

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 19th 05 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 January 21st 05 05:56 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 June 28th 04 07:43 PM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 March 27th 04 01:23 PM