BoatBanter.com

-   -   Vancouver? (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/76489-re-vancouver.html)

Scotty December 8th 06 10:53 PM

Vancouver?

which one?

OzOne wrote in message

Never been there, have the opportunity to spend a week

this January.
Tell me about Vancouver?
Thanks!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

Ellen MacArthur December 8th 06 11:22 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote
The one in the country that I can get into without having my
fingerprints taken.

Which country is that? Maybe I should move there if they speak English. I just found out
Americans come the middle of January are going to have to have a passport to GET BACK INTO
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. We might as well dig up Hitler. Get some of his DNA,
clone him and put him in the white house, be better than Bush. I bet Hitler could at least say
nuclear instead of nukuler. Duh

Cheers,
Ellen

Ellen MacArthur December 9th 06 02:46 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote in message
Tell me what's wrong with requiring identification to leave and return
to your country?

How about this?

"Amendment XIV to the U.S. Constitution
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens
of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge
the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty,
or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the
laws."

So somebody sails his boat from New York to the Bahamas. He gets into the Bahamas using his drivers license.
He sails from the Bahamas back to New York and he has to prove he's a citizen by showing a passport. Passports
aren't passed out for free. It takes time and money to get one. Does New York have the right to say somebody
who's a citizen there cannot come back to his home unless they can prove with a passport they live there? What
about a driver's license? What about a social security card. What about some other photo ID. Why an expensive
passport? Telling you you can't return home unless you have an expensive ID card is depriving you of your liberty......
So what's next. Can they decide to require a million dollars bond to show you're financially responsible for any
financial liabilities you might cause? Can they require a lie detector test to prove you aren't lying about something
like your not a terrorist? Can they ask you for your car insurance papers to make sure if you run over somebody
that you can pay damages? Where does it all end?
And you know once it gets started it ain't gonna end....

What peeves me is as an Australian citizen, an ally of the USA, My
details are sent to the US when I board my aircraft and a decision is
made while I'm airborne on whether I will be allowed into the US.
I'm then fingerprinted and made to declare where I can be contacted
during my stay.

That's OK. We have to protect the country from people who want to blow us up. So far, except for John McVeigh,
it's only foreigners who send terrorists over here. Your not a US citizen so you don't have any Constitutional rights
like us citizens have. If you don't like the rules for foreigners then stay home... But when Americans are given the
third degree just to go back home something's wrong.

Cheers,
Ellen

Ellen MacArthur December 9th 06 03:04 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote
Tell me what's wrong with requiring identification to leave and return
to your country?

Here's another one for you.....

"Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a
grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of
war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb;
nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or
property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."

Did you read the part about no person shall be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process? Due process
means a trial BTW. Not letting you back into your own country without a passport is depriving you of liberty
without a trial.

Cheers,
Ellen

thunder December 9th 06 03:09 AM

Vancouver?

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 18:22:27 -0500, Ellen MacArthur wrote:

I just found out
Americans come the middle of January are going to have to have a passport to GET BACK INTO
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Not exactly true. On January 23, if you are traveling by *air*, you will
be required to use a passport.

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/cust...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

Ellen MacArthur December 9th 06 03:14 AM

Vancouver?

"thunder" wrote
Not exactly true. On January 23, if you are traveling by *air*, you will
be required to use a passport.

http://help.customs.gov/cgi-bin/cust...cGFnZT0x&p_li=

Thanks for the information and the url. That's a little better. But it still looks like it'll probably be 2008 for
boats. Like I said, once they get started .....

Cheers,
Ellen

Scotty December 9th 06 03:42 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote in message

Cheers,
Ellen

Tell me what's wrong with requiring identification to

leave and return
to your country?
What peeves me is as an Australian citizen, an ally of the

USA, My
details are sent to the US when I board my aircraft and a

decision is
made while I'm airborne on whether I will be allowed into

the US.
I'm then fingerprinted and made to declare where I can be

contacted
during my stay.

Sounds reasonable to me. I feel safer now, knowing that.

Scotty

Capt. JG December 9th 06 06:27 AM

Vancouver?

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

OzOne wrote in message

Cheers,
Ellen

Tell me what's wrong with requiring identification to

leave and return
to your country?
What peeves me is as an Australian citizen, an ally of the

USA, My
details are sent to the US when I board my aircraft and a

decision is
made while I'm airborne on whether I will be allowed into

the US.
I'm then fingerprinted and made to declare where I can be

contacted
during my stay.

Sounds reasonable to me. I feel safer now, knowing that.

Scotty

Especially with Oz on the plane. :-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Lady Pilot December 9th 06 09:33 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:
Tell me what's wrong with requiring identification to leave and return
to your country?
What peeves me is as an Australian citizen, an ally of the USA, My
details are sent to the US when I board my aircraft and a decision is
made while I'm airborne on whether I will be allowed into the US.
I'm then fingerprinted and made to declare where I can be contacted
during my stay.

Jeez, oz. Just give them my phone number while in the usa. I'll cover
for you with the state and federal government.

No problem...

LP

Lady Pilot December 9th 06 09:38 AM

Vancouver?

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote:
So somebody sails his boat from New York to the Bahamas. He gets into
the Bahamas using his drivers license.
He sails from the Bahamas back to New York and he has to prove he's a
citizen by showing a passport. Passports
aren't passed out for free.

Well, duh. I've had a passport since 1984 and both of my boys had had one
for about 3 years...no problem

It takes time and money to get one.

Maybe you just can't afford a passport or don't have the clout like I do to
maintain a US privelge

drunken rambiling deleted?

LP

Lady Pilot December 9th 06 09:46 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:
On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 22:42:05 -0500, "Scotty"
scribbled thusly:

Sounds reasonable to me. I feel safer now, knowing that.

Scotty

Yeah....I can imagine you being scared of foreigners....It's the
American way ;-)

My dear, no other is as crazy as us. We have snotty, kkkatysnitch, and
others that mess up our dedication to our flag.

If they are going to be held "in awe" don't you thing that they is some
redeeming qualities

LP

Scotty December 9th 06 02:25 PM

Vancouver?

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

Jeez, oz. Just give them my phone number while in the

usa. I'll
suck them off for you.

No teeth...... No problem...

LP

oh

Scotty December 9th 06 07:35 PM

Vancouver?

CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia has unveiled a new passport
with floating images of kangaroos that appear to hop up and
down making it virtually impossible for criminals to fake,
the government says.

BWaHahahahahahahhaha

KANGAROOS! HOPPING KANGAROOS!!!!

What kind of two bit , back woods, third world country would
do that?

SBV

Ellen MacArthur December 9th 06 08:09 PM

Vancouver?

"Lady Pilot" wrote
Well, duh. I've had a passport since 1984 and both of my boys had had one for about 3 years...no problem

Well, bully for you, Ms. Pilot. That's hardly the point. It's not required now that US citizens show
ID to get back into the country. In January it will be on airplanes. In January 2008 it will be for boats
and other transportation. They go from no ID at all to passports. Duh! Passports can be forged.
Think about it. What American is gonna forge his ID to get back into his own country? Only foreign
terrorists. Just like they wand little old grannys in wheelchairs at the airport and let young Arab men
through with a smile and a nod, they're checking the wrong people.
Well, Ellen, how can you tell a foreigner from a US citizen? you ask. Easy, you ask him his name and
social security number and you run it in the big brother computer. Then if your suspicious you ask him
some questions about where he lives, etc. Duh.

Cheers,
Ellen

katy December 9th 06 10:50 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote in message

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 22:42:05 -0500, "Scotty"

scribbled thusly:

Sounds reasonable to me. I feel safer now, knowing that.

Scotty

Yeah....I can imagine you being scared of

foreigners....It's the

American way ;-)

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

I welcome you to crackerbox palace,
We've been expecting you.

One with holographic technology...

Joe December 10th 06 02:50 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:35:55 -0500, "Scotty"
scribbled thusly:

CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia has unveiled a new passport
with floating images of kangaroos that appear to hop up and
down making it virtually impossible for criminals to fake,
the government says.

BWaHahahahahahahhaha

KANGAROOS! HOPPING KANGAROOS!!!!

What kind of two bit , back woods, third world country would
do that?

SBV

It's a security feature Scooter.

Bwahahahaha yeah right..hologram stickers,,,,how hi-tech.

I hear the ones you guys are going to need has Big Macs on the first
version, KFC on the next and a clown on version 3.

You hear wrong. We now have RFID chips.

The RFID passport works like a high-tech version of the children's game
"Marco Polo." A reader speaks out the equivalent of "Marco" on a
designated frequency. The chip then channels that radio energy and
echoes back with an answer.

But instead of simply saying "Polo," the 64 Kb chip will say the
passport holder's name, address, date and place of birth, and send
along a digital photograph.

While none of the information on the chip is encrypted, the chip does
also broadcast a digital signature that verifies the chip itself was
created by the government.

The passports advanced features will be worthless in backwoods
countries like Australia and Canada as they have no RFID tech, a Mickey
Mouse hologram in the top left corner will suffice.

Joe

Joe December 10th 06 07:52 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:
On 10 Dec 2006 06:50:41 -0800, "Joe"
scribbled thusly:

Bwahahahaha yeah right..hologram stickers,,,,how hi-tech.

I hear the ones you guys are going to need has Big Macs on the first
version, KFC on the next and a clown on version 3.

You hear wrong. We now have RFID chips.

The passports advanced features will be worthless in backwoods
countries like Australia and Canada as they have no RFID tech, a Mickey
Mouse hologram in the top left corner will suffice.

Joe

Ummm Joe RFID is old hat...it's been in our passports for years
now....

And yes, the hologtams are nearly impossible to forge.

Have you seen our money? We developed technology for that which is
used around the world....you've got green toilet paper.....

That's the problem you guys have..you actually believe you lead the
world in everything....sorry Joe, It just ain't so!

Bwahahah read the link you posted to Passports. The tech used is 3M
technology. I guess you think 3M is an Australian company eh mate?

Ellen MacArthur December 10th 06 07:55 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote

That's the problem you guys have..you actually believe you lead the
world in everything....sorry Joe, It just ain't so!

We lead the world in presidential stupidity. Bush is proof of that. We lead the world
in assholes per capita. Joe's proof of that. We lead the world in obese people. Tom and Katy's
proof of that. We lead the world in liars. Capt. Rob's proof of that. We lead the world in
rude rednecks. Scotty's proof of that. We lead the world in drunken pilots. Lady Pilot's
proof of that. We lead the world in private gun ownership. We lead the world in pornography.
We lead the world in numbers of people in the slammer. We lead the world in illegal drug usage.
We lead the world in medical errors, mental illness, obesity, heart disease, diabetes, murder,
rape, immorality, homosexuality, illegal immigration and automobile accidents. We do it all......

Cheers,
Ellen

Spammy Spamson December 10th 06 08:18 PM

Vancouver?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 21:54:15 +1100, OzOne wrote:

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:35:55 -0500, "Scotty"
scribbled thusly:

CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia has unveiled a new passport
with floating images of kangaroos that appear to hop up and
down making it virtually impossible for criminals to fake,
the government says.

BWaHahahahahahahhaha

KANGAROOS! HOPPING KANGAROOS!!!!

What kind of two bit , back woods, third world country would
do that?

SBV

It's a security feature Scooter.
I hear the ones you guys are going to need has Big Macs on the first
version, KFC on the next and a clown on version 3.

No mate, that's not a clown. They call that one "Mr. President"...
hmmmm come to think of it maybe you were right in the first place.....

This thread (as most do) has gone a bit off the track. Did anyone ever
answer you about Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada?

If your up for a bit of winter yachty - e'- me, I live here. (BTW I'm
an Ozzie as well )

don't delete spam from the e-addy - works as is (;-)

regards.

Joe December 10th 06 09:00 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:

Try to keep up Joe...
Again, have you seen our money?

Keep Up ? WHAT? you titled your post "those Passports" not our goofey
money.

Joe

http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/currency.html

Peter December 11th 06 12:11 AM

Vancouver?

Joe wrote:
OzOne wrote:
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:35:55 -0500, "Scotty"
scribbled thusly:

CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia has unveiled a new passport
with floating images of kangaroos that appear to hop up and
down making it virtually impossible for criminals to fake,
the government says.

BWaHahahahahahahhaha

KANGAROOS! HOPPING KANGAROOS!!!!

What kind of two bit , back woods, third world country would
do that?

SBV

It's a security feature Scooter.

Bwahahahaha yeah right..hologram stickers,,,,how hi-tech.

I hear the ones you guys are going to need has Big Macs on the first
version, KFC on the next and a clown on version 3.

You hear wrong. We now have RFID chips.

That's appropriate. We use those chips to keep track of dumb animals in
cattle feedlots.

PDW

Joe December 11th 06 12:55 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:
On 10 Dec 2006 13:00:56 -0800, "Joe"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote:

Try to keep up Joe...
Again, have you seen our money?

Keep Up ? WHAT? you titled your post "those Passports" not our goofey
money.

Joe

Yes Joe, our passports have a hologram..developed by the 3M company
according to the press release.
It is a security measure as it is virtually impossible to
forge...next!?

you said and I quote

"That's the problem you guys have..you actually believe you lead the
world in everything....sorry Joe, It just ain't so!"

3M=American leader in a tech that Australia uses...it' must be so.

Scotty December 11th 06 01:14 PM

Vancouver?

OzOne adnited defeat with........

Yeah Joe, our passports now carry a hologram developed by

3m....

You lost to * Joe * , Ozzy. He's a YANK, a TEXAN !

BwaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

katy December 11th 06 02:00 PM

Vancouver?

Scotty wrote:
OzOne adnited defeat with........

Yeah Joe, our passports now carry a hologram developed by

3m....

You lost to * Joe * , Ozzy. He's a YANK, a TEXAN !

BwaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scotty...
Texans are not Yanks...they are traditionally COnfederates....betcha Joe
glies the stars and bars on his boat...

Joe December 11th 06 03:16 PM

Vancouver?

katy wrote:
Scotty wrote:
OzOne adnited defeat with........

Yeah Joe, our passports now carry a hologram developed by

3m....

You lost to * Joe * , Ozzy. He's a YANK, a TEXAN !

BwaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scotty...
Texans are not Yanks...they are traditionally COnfederates....betcha Joe
glies the stars and bars on his boat...

I fly the lone star flag...and the Texas Navy flag with it's fouled
anchor and lone star.

Joe

Ellen MacArthur December 11th 06 04:46 PM

Vancouver?

"katy" wrote
Texans are not Yanks...they are traditionally COnfederates....betcha Joe glies the stars and bars on his boat...

Maybe he should *fly* it instead. :-))))))))))))

Cheers,
Ellen

Seahag December 12th 06 02:29 AM

Vancouver?

"katy" wrote:
Scotty wrote:
OzOne adnited defeat with........

Yeah Joe, our passports now carry a hologram developed by

3m....

You lost to * Joe * , Ozzy. He's a YANK, a TEXAN !

BwaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Scotty...
Texans are not Yanks...they are traditionally
COnfederates....betcha Joe glies the stars and bars on his
boat...

Hey now...Remember the Alamo!

Seahag
(Grampa was from Texas way back)

Lady Pilot December 20th 06 05:51 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:

Sorry LP, my translator dongle is busted.

Good for you...heheh!!!
I was at a Christmas party with good eggnog. blush

What's happening with your sailboats? Haven't seen any pics in a long time.

Merry Christmas,

LP

P.S. If you see Peter (in the switch of territory for the holiday), tell
him to post more of those penguin pics! I just watched "March of the
Penguins"? Good movie...would like more history which would be up his
alley.

Peter December 20th 06 09:52 AM

Vancouver?

OzOne wrote:
On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:51:19 -0600, "Lady Pilot"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote:

Sorry LP, my translator dongle is busted.

Good for you...heheh!!!
I was at a Christmas party with good eggnog. blush

What's happening with your sailboats? Haven't seen any pics in a long time.

The big cat's Asia, I'm going up in late March to spend a couple of
weeks with the family that has chartered her,
The Bavaria is lying in Sydney, the mast was supposed to go in next
week but has been put off till after all the Syd Hobart boats are
prepared so then there's no rush.

The others get used as I get the urge :-)

Trying to finish off my new racecar/toy is taking all my time lately.

Merry Christmas,

Same from here.

LP

P.S. If you see Peter (in the switch of territory for the holiday), tell
him to post more of those penguin pics! I just watched "March of the
Penguins"? Good movie...would like more history which would be up his
alley.

We're gonna cross paths, he'll be in Syd when I'm in Tassie.

I'm in Sydney now, doing my best to avoid buying more machine tools.
Back in Hobart on the 30th to look over the Sydney-Hobart fleet and
sample the food & wine at the Taste of Tasmania. If you're still in Tas
down the south bit give me a call & we'll have a drink. Heading back
into the Southern Ocean later in Jan for a while. Next year is going to
be real busy.

Got thousands of Antarctic digital pics, lots of them with penguins.
Eventually I'll post some more. I stopped photographing icebergs and
the like a few years ago, got too many of them too. Takes a long time
for my screensaver to repeat an image....

PDW

Lady Pilot February 18th 07 03:30 AM

Vancouver?

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote:

OzOne wrote

That's the problem you guys have..you actually believe you lead the
world in everything....sorry Joe, It just ain't so!

We lead the world in presidential stupidity. Bush is proof of that. We
lead the world
in assholes per capita. Joe's proof of that. We lead the world in obese
people. Tom and Katy's
proof of that. We lead the world in liars. Capt. Rob's proof of that. We
lead the world in
rude rednecks. Scotty's proof of that.

Terrible formatting, Ellen! hehee

We lead the world in drunken pilots. Lady Pilot's
proof of that.

Now why would an anemic little girl say ugly things like the above quote
from you?

LP

Ted Bell February 18th 07 08:55 PM

Vancouver?

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message ...

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote:

OzOne wrote

That's the problem you guys have..you actually believe you lead the
world in everything....sorry Joe, It just ain't so!

We lead the world in presidential stupidity. Bush is proof of that. We lead the world
in assholes per capita. Joe's proof of that. We lead the world in obese people. Tom and Katy's
proof of that. We lead the world in liars. Capt. Rob's proof of that. We lead the world in
rude rednecks. Scotty's proof of that.

Terrible formatting, Ellen! hehee

I'm one of Ellen's many sock puppets. I'm Ted Bell owner of Ted's of Beverly Hills, a premium
quality steakhouse where we love to put our meat in your mouth.

We lead the world in drunken pilots. Lady Pilot's
proof of that.

Now why would an anemic little girl say ugly things like the above quote from you?

Ellen's far from anemic. Have you seen her album? Wowee is she ever HOT! Check it
out at http://ellenmacarthur.badongo.com/album/. You'll just have to forgive the good
Ms. MacArthur. She tends to jump to conclusions - a blonde you know! But she's really
a dear. She even gave me the password to her topless album. Va va vooom!

I'm Ellen Bell!