posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default This Odd Boat

After delivering a boat to College Point in Whitestone yesterday, I
walked to the back of the yard and spotted this old timer.....anyone
know what she is?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...62/oddboat.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...2/oddboat2.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
After delivering a boat to College Point in Whitestone

yesterday, I
walked to the back of the yard and spotted this old

timer.....anyone
know what she is?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...ith181962/oddb
oat.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l6...ith181962/oddb
oat2.jpg

Yeeech... I bet Doug knows, but why would he tell you.
Looks homemade to me.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Scotty wrote:
Yeeech... I bet Doug knows, but why would he tell you.

'Cuz I'm a nice guy.

Looks homemade to me.

It is. You win!

I have to admit I did not know for sure what it was until I
saw the name "Mock Turtle" on the side. Looked familiar, but
then so does almost everything at this stage (they say you
are getting old when everybody you meet reminds you of
somebody you already know). It's a custom design, originally
a ketch IIRC, from Thomas Firth-Jones. IIRC it's in this
book of his designs
http://www.amazon.com/Low-Resistance...e=UTF8&s=books

Fresh Breezes- Doug King