posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Bloodbath!

Here's what the Dems will do if they win:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15365610/site/newsweek/

See any reference to moving America ahead?

Nope, it is all revenge.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

REP. MARIO BIAGGI (D-NY): In 1988 he was convicted of obstructing justice,
tax evasion, conspiracy, extortion, and accepting bribes.

CORRINNE BROWN (D-FL): Failed to pay unemployment taxes to the state of
Florida; sued by several airlines for unpaid bills and falsified travel
reports; failed to report sale of her Tallahassee travel agency; improperly
reported the sale of her Gainesville travel agency; sued by Whirlpool Corp.
for unpaid bills; pursued by the IRS for $14,228 in unpaid taxes;
investigations by the House Ethics Committee for possible acceptance of
bribes; refused to file reports in the House about potential conflicts of
interest while overseeing airlines she dealt with through her travel
agencies; charged with money laundering.

REP. ALBERT BUSTAMANTE (D-TX): Convicted in 1993 of racketeering and
accepting an illegal gratuity.

TONY COELHO (D-CA): Currently under investigation for fraud while serving as
U.S. Commissioner General of Expo '98 in Lisbon, Portugal.* He was Al Gore's
primary presidential campaign manager until he resigned citing health
reasons.

REP. WES COOLEY (R-OR): Convicted of falsifying VA loan applications. Paid
$7,000 in fines plus court costs, and placed on probation. Subsequently
tried to gather support to get re-elected to Congress.*

REP. JERRY COSTELLO (D-IL):

REP. BOB DORNAN (R-CA): In 1983 attempted to leave Grenada with a stolen
AK-47. It was confiscated by the Army and destroyed.

REP. WALTER FAUNTROY (D-DC): Financial disclosure misdemeanor (1995).

REP. BARNEY FRANK (D-MA): Accessory to a male prostitute who ran a
whorehouse in their Washington townhouse.

REP. NEWT GINGRICH (R-GA):

STATE REP. ALCEE L. HASTINGS (D-FL): From the 1998 Almanac of American
Politics: "He was impeached by the House of Representatives by a vote of
426-3 in 1988 and convicted and removed from office by the Senate by a vote
of 69-26. The impeachment arose from allegations that Hastings conspired
with a friend to accept $150,000 for giving two convicted swindlers a break
in sentencing. Hastings was acquitted in a criminal trial in 1983, but the
friend was convicted. In the House, the case for impeachment was made by
John Conyers, senior member of the Congressional Black Caucus. Removed from
the bench, Hastings was unapologetic."

SEN. JESSE HELMS (R-NC): In 1990, the Helms campaign sent out 125,000
postcards primarily to black North Carolina voters claiming that they might
not be able to vote, and would be prosecuted for vote fraud if they tried.
His campaign, the North Carolina Republican party, and four consulting and
marketing firms were charged with violations of the Voting Rights Act. The
Helms campaign signed an admission of guilt (claiming later that they didn't
have the money to fight it in court), but Helms and his staff were never
prosecuted.

REP. CARROL HUBBARD (D-KY): Convicted in 1994 of misappropriation of funds.

JAY KIM (R-CA): Convicted of accepting illegal campaign contributions from
foreign sources.

REP. GERALD KLECZKA (D-WI): Convicted of DUI in 1987; arrested for DUI in
1990 and 1995.

REP. JOE KOLTER (D-PA): Fraud and conspiracy (1996).

REP. NORMAN LENT (R-NY): In 1982 tried to have fifty counterfeit Rolex
watches mailed to him from Taiwan.

REP. DONALD E. "BUZ" LUKENS (R-OH): In 1989 was convicted of contributing to
the delinquency of a minor.

REP. NICK MAVROULES (D-MA): In 1991 pleaded guilty to charges of bribery and
tax evasion.

REP. EDWARD MEZVINSKY (D-IA): Indicted in March of 2001 on federal fraud
charges. Claimed that he developed mental problems after using a malaria
drug called Lariam. "Clearly, the responsibility lies with the
manufacturers," claimed Mezvinsky's lawyer, Michael Barrett.*

REP. JAMES MORAN (D-VA): Charged with spousal abuse, and assault and
battery. A regular instigator of bar fights while mayor of Alexandria, VA,
his position made him immune to arrest. Once said he thought about becoming
a boxer because "I like to hit people."

REP. AUSTIN J. MURPHY (D-PA): Vote fraud, including forgery, conspiracy, and
tampering with federal records (1999).*

REP. MARY ROSE OAKAR (D-OH): Charged with seven federal felonies related to
financial-disclosure irregularities (1998).

SEN. BOB PACKWOOD (R-OR): Charged with sexual harassment. Oddly enough, many
of the women named as harassees defended Senator Packwood.

REP. CARL PERKINS (D-KY): In 1994 pleaded guilty to filing a false
financial-disclosure statement, conspiracy to file false statements with the
Federal Election Commission, and bank fraud. Sentenced in March of 1995.

REP. MEL REYNOLDS (D-IL): In 1995 was convicted of having sex with a minor
and obstructing justice.

CHARLIE ROSE (D-NC): Financial disclosure irregularities (1994).

REP. DAN ROSTENKOWSKI (D-IL): Illegally converted official funds to his
personal use and mail fraud; accused in 1996 of embezzling $700,000 from the
federal government, he was charged with 13 of the original 17 counts against
him. Went to prison after serving in Congress; now back in Washington
working as a lobbyist.

REP. LARRY SMITH (D-FL): In 1993 was convicted of income tax evasion and
campaign-reporting violations.

REP. PAT SWINDALL (R-GA): In 1988 was convicted of perjury.

REP. JIM TRAFICANT (D-OH): Indicted on 5/4/01 by a Cleveland, OH federal
grand jury for bribery, tax evasion, racketeering, conspiracy, and
obstruction of justice. Found guilty of all charges in April 2002.

REP. WALTER TUCKER (D-CA): Federal extortion charges; convicted of accepting
$30,000 worth of bribes while a Congressman, and sentenced to 27 months in
the federal penitentiary.

REP. J.C. WATTS (R-OK):

CHARLES WILSON (D-TX): In 1995 was forced to pay a $90,000 fine to the
Federal Election Commission.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

No wonder they stopped talking about the *culture of corruption*. PKB!

Cheers
Ellen

Please stop it-I don't do politics.

"Gilligan" wrote in message . ..
> [...]
| friend was convicted. In the House, the case for impeachment was made by
| John Conyers, senior member of the Congressional Black Caucus. Removed from
| the bench, Hastings was unapologetic."
|
| SEN. JESSE HELMS (R-NC): In 1990, the Helms campaign sent out 125,000
| postcards primarily to black North Carolina voters claiming that they might
| not be able to vote, and would be prosecuted for vote fraud if they tried.
| His campaign, the North Carolina Republican party, and four consulting and
| marketing firms were charged with violations of the Voting Rights Act. The
| Helms campaign signed an admission of guilt (claiming later that they didn't
| have the money to fight it in court), but Helms and his staff were never
| prosecuted.
|
| REP. CARROL HUBBARD (D-KY): Convicted in 1994 of misappropriation of funds.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Gilligan" wrote in message . ..
> [...]
| federal government, he was charged with 13 of the original 17 counts against
| him. Went to prison after serving in Congress; now back in Washington
| working as a lobbyist.
|
| REP. LARRY SMITH (D-FL): In 1993 was convicted of income tax evasion and
| campaign-reporting violations.
|
| REP. PAT SWINDALL (R-GA): In 1988 was convicted of perjury.
|
| REP. JIM TRAFICANT (D-OH): Indicted on 5/4/01 by a Cleveland, OH federal
| grand jury for bribery, tax evasion, racketeering, conspiracy, and
| obstruction of justice. Found guilty of all charges in April 2002.
|
| REP. WALTER TUCKER (D-CA): Federal extortion charges; convicted of accepting
| $30,000 worth of bribes while a Congressman, and sentenced to 27 months in
| the federal penitentiary.
|
| REP. J.C. WATTS (R-OK):
|
| CHARLES WILSON (D-TX): In 1995 was forced to pay a $90,000 fine to the

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Here you go...

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/Techno...2596705&page=1

--