posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Mirabella & the Maltese Falcon

The Discovery Channel filmed the world's largest sloop, the 246-foot
Mirabella V, and the world’s most innovative megayacht, the 285-foot
Maltese Falcon, sailing side-by-side at 17 knots. Mirabella V's rig is
300-foot-tall rig and the Maltese Falcon has 15 square sails and a
freestanding, carbon-fiber rig.

I'm looking forward to seeing the video recording.

http://www.bymnews.com/mirabellav/ht...a_sailing.html

http://www.doylesails.com/news.htm#mvfalcon

My complements to Joe Vittoria and Tom Perkins for having the vision to

build Mirabella V and the Matese Falcon, respectively.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bart" wrote in message
ups.com...
The Discovery Channel filmed the world's largest sloop, the 246-foot
Mirabella V, and the world's most innovative megayacht, the 285-foot
Maltese Falcon, sailing side-by-side at 17 knots. Mirabella V's rig is
300-foot-tall rig and the Maltese Falcon has 15 square sails and a
freestanding, carbon-fiber rig.

I'm looking forward to seeing the video recording.

http://www.bymnews.com/mirabellav/ht...a_sailing.html

http://www.doylesails.com/news.htm#mvfalcon

My complements to Joe Vittoria and Tom Perkins for having the vision to

build Mirabella V and the Matese Falcon, respectively.

My compliments to Elon Musk for building a real Falcon, unlike those self
indulgent billionaires spending ever larger sums on trophies and playtoys.
Here is real vision:

http://www.spacex.com/

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default OT: SpaceX

Gilligan wrote:

My compliments to Elon Musk for building a real Falcon, unlike those self
indulgent billionaires spending ever larger sums on trophies and playtoys.
Here is real vision:

http://www.spacex.com/

Has anything been launched yet? Seems like they are a bit behind
schedule.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default SpaceX

"Bart" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gilligan wrote:

My compliments to Elon Musk for building a real Falcon, unlike those self
indulgent billionaires spending ever larger sums on trophies and
playtoys.
Here is real vision:

http://www.spacex.com/

Has anything been launched yet? Seems like they are a bit behind
schedule.

One launch so far. It caught on fire on the pad yet continued upward. The
range safety officer hit auto destruct after it cleared the tower and got up
a few thousand yards. The payload fell through a nearby shed roof almost
intact. Otherwise a perfect launch. The USAF is really interested in this
one. I got a chance to talk to Elon at a satellite conference he is a true
visionary and risk taker.

Wealth, like circumstance, exposes the man, it doesn't make him.