Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to talk.politics.misc,rec.arts.tv,rec.boats,rec.motorcycles,alt.sailing.asa

Default For Chuck. Any new hull designs coming out ?

WHY THE **** DON"T YOU STOP CROSS-POSTING YOUR OFF TOPIC ****?

In ink.net,
Calif Bill typed:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Chuck, I do understand that boat hulls haven't changed much since
before the days of the Egyptians. But the most exotic thing I've
seen
is that bio-diesel burning,ocean racer that's been posted on here
before. supposed to handle the roughest seas etc.
I was curious if there was any more modern hull revelations out
there.

Chuck Gould wrote:
British Humper wrote:
On 4 Oct 2006 11:20:20 -0700, wrote:

I've wondered what tghe new product lines are doing these days.
Of
course, there's a lot of styling changes from the days (1983) of
what
my ChrisCraft was built. But was wondering if anyone was coming
up
with
any new theories on V-hulls to make production and/or cruising
more
efficient?

Wanna learn how to post? Don't see what these groups have in
common.

The only efficient thing going right now are them new Volvo IPS
drives. Wish they had them when I bought my boat! Definately
worth
trading for...

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/na/en-us/

Got my eye on a Beneteau cause a this.

It would be tough to make any significant change to the design of
displacement or semi-displacement monohull that would dramatically
improve efficiency. The IPS system is arguably more efficient-
(but one
has to factor in the cost of original acquistion and then the
dynamics
change a lot)- but IPS is a drive system, not a modification to a
hull.

I just today became aware of a new catamaran coming to the Pacific
NW
soon. The builder claims the 36-foot cruising cat will turn 15
knots on
3.5 gph; and that's outstanding efficiency if the claim bears out.

If you look at the Radon and Davis boats. Very seaworthy Left Coast
boats.
The Radon's were originally the boat for commercial abalone divers.
The
hull looks a lot like the old Catalina flying boats.