posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default De-masting

My dink today, and putting on the Mercury. Since it's now getting
cooler and we will be sailing RedCloud more, every fall we remove the
mast off the dink and put the Merc aboard.

The problem with the mast is you can not get up river under the bridges
to get to the wild life preserves. Makes for a faster trip to and from
shore when we explore the bays and Gulf.

I like fall, but will miss being able to just jump in the dink and
sail on a whim, good thing is exploring all the bayous streams and
places impossiable to explore by sail.

What do you do to get ready for the winter sailing season?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
My dink today, and putting on the Mercury. Since it's now

getting
cooler and we will be sailing RedCloud more, every fall we

remove the
mast off the dink and put the Merc aboard.

The problem with the mast is you can not get up river

under the bridges
to get to the wild life preserves. Makes for a faster trip

to and from
shore when we explore the bays and Gulf.

I like fall, but will miss being able to just jump in the

dink and
sail on a whim, good thing is exploring all the bayous

streams and
places impossiable to explore by sail.

What do you do to get ready for the winter sailing season?

cut, split and stack firewood. Clean the chimneys.

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Remove one layer of clothing... gets warmer here in the winter. Of course,
we still have a couple of months to go for that.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
My dink today, and putting on the Mercury. Since it's now getting
cooler and we will be sailing RedCloud more, every fall we remove the
mast off the dink and put the Merc aboard.

The problem with the mast is you can not get up river under the bridges
to get to the wild life preserves. Makes for a faster trip to and from
shore when we explore the bays and Gulf.

I like fall, but will miss being able to just jump in the dink and
sail on a whim, good thing is exploring all the bayous streams and
places impossiable to explore by sail.

What do you do to get ready for the winter sailing season?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Scotty wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
My dink today, and putting on the Mercury. Since it's now

getting
cooler and we will be sailing RedCloud more, every fall we

remove the
mast off the dink and put the Merc aboard.

The problem with the mast is you can not get up river

under the bridges
to get to the wild life preserves. Makes for a faster trip

to and from
shore when we explore the bays and Gulf.

I like fall, but will miss being able to just jump in the

dink and
sail on a whim, good thing is exploring all the bayous

streams and
places impossiable to explore by sail.

What do you do to get ready for the winter sailing season?

cut, split and stack firewood. Clean the chimneys.

I bet Rob wishes he had a fireplace in his small NY flat.

How many fireplaces do you have Scotty?
Do you have a fireplace in your master bedroom?

Joe

--
Scott Vernon
Plowville Pa _/)__/)_/)_

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ps.com...

Scotty wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

ups.com...
[...]

two wood stoves, one up, one down.

Do you have a fireplace in your master bedroom?

No, it gets hot enough in there.

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
My dink today, and putting on the Mercury. Since it's now getting
cooler and we will be sailing RedCloud more, every fall we remove the
mast off the dink and put the Merc aboard.

The problem with the mast is you can not get up river under the bridges
to get to the wild life preserves. Makes for a faster trip to and from
shore when we explore the bays and Gulf.

I like fall, but will miss being able to just jump in the dink and
sail on a whim, good thing is exploring all the bayous streams and
places impossiable to explore by sail.

What do you do to get ready for the winter sailing season?

Joe

Your dink is that hard to mast and unmast that if you want to, you can't
just re-rig?
We're trying to get Chanteuse back in the water but the river tides
aren't cooperating...there was only 5 ft of water off the well today so
we came home..gotta wait fpr the wind to switch around...giy said he'd
watch all week and put her in when the tide came up and will deliver her
to the marina.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Good Question Joe?

My first Fall without a boat. I'm not sure of what you do.

Ballooning is also about done. Have to be on the ground at Sunset and
that get real quick here at Latitude 48' 48"

I'll probably spend more time with my Water Color painting.

Thanks to you people on the ASA, I still feel welcome. Just have to
remember that I'm 80 and getting older. I'm trying to learn to "shut up"

I'm like you though, I love Autumn. I have my Truck Camper and Fall is a
beautiful time in the NW.

I will post some Photos

As they; "One Day at a Time!!"

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/IDONTFEELGOOD

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

katy wrote:
Joe wrote:
My dink today, and putting on the Mercury. Since it's now getting
cooler and we will be sailing RedCloud more, every fall we remove the
mast off the dink and put the Merc aboard.

The problem with the mast is you can not get up river under the bridges
to get to the wild life preserves. Makes for a faster trip to and from
shore when we explore the bays and Gulf.

I like fall, but will miss being able to just jump in the dink and
sail on a whim, good thing is exploring all the bayous streams and
places impossiable to explore by sail.

What do you do to get ready for the winter sailing season?

Joe

Your dink is that hard to mast and unmast that if you want to, you can't
just re-rig?

I can...takes about an hour, but getting to the good fishing spots,
sight seeing places, park, wildlife refuge.. ect all require going
under bridges and with it cooler thats the thing to do, the specks are
running, shrimp will be heading out of the bayous, flounder will be in
the shallows, animals will be more active in the refuge. Plus with
redcloud out, it's perfect for running ashore on islands and exploring
...plus easier to tow without the mast and board.

We're trying to get Chanteuse back in the water but the river tides
aren't cooperating...there was only 5 ft of water off the well today so
we came home..gotta wait fpr the wind to switch around...giy said he'd
watch all week and put her in when the tide came up and will deliver her
to the marina.

We had a nice high tide today...going down now. Good luck getting
afloat!

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
katy wrote:
Joe wrote:
[...]

Need an easterly wind to blow the Sound up the river!