posted to alt.sailing.asa,sci.skeptic,sci.military.naval,sci.physics

Default Secret of How Columbus Discovered the New World

Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

//Walt

Walt wrote:
Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

//Walt

What Vespucciland?, Amerika as in Richard Americk
Had a whole continent named after him, America!
He was wholly Welsh , surname Ap Meurig. In 1491 He was working as the
senior customs official in Bristol and regularly sent supplies to ships
in the fishing grounds off Newfoundland. In 1497 he authorised John
Cabot to search for the new land.

posted to alt.sailing.asa,sci.skeptic,sci.military.naval,sci.physics

"Jack Linthicum" wrote in message
ups.com...

| Walt wrote:
| Ed Conrad wrote:
| a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped
|
| All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"
|
| //Walt
|
| What Vespucciland?, Amerika as in Richard Americk
| Had a whole continent named after him, America!
| He was wholly Welsh , surname Ap Meurig. In 1491 He was working as the
| senior customs official in Bristol and regularly sent supplies to ships
| in the fishing grounds off Newfoundland. In 1497 he authorised John
| Cabot to search for the new land.

And Cabot found the new found land and called it NewFoundLand,
shortly after he kicked out that damned Norwegian Dane from Ireland,
Eric the Ginger, right?
http://www.clubworkout.com/bonvoyage...on/erikthered/

Androcles

Jack Linthicum wrote:
Walt wrote:

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

What Vespucciland?, Amerika as in Richard Americk
Had a whole continent named after him, America!
He was wholly Welsh , surname Ap Meurig. In 1491 He was working as the
senior customs official in Bristol and regularly sent supplies to ships
in the fishing grounds off Newfoundland. In 1497 he authorised John
Cabot to search for the new land.

Oh right. I remember him.

He was the second cousin to Donald Zurley, famous crafter of lanterns in
the late 18 century, immortalized by Francis Scott Key in the Star
Spangled Banner.

//Walt
//
//Oh Say can you see, by the Don Zurley light?

"Walt" wrote in message
| Jack Linthicum wrote:
| Walt wrote:
|
| All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"
|
| What Vespucciland?, Amerika as in Richard Americk
| Had a whole continent named after him, America!
| He was wholly Welsh , surname Ap Meurig. In 1491 He was working as the
| senior customs official in Bristol and regularly sent supplies to ships
| in the fishing grounds off Newfoundland. In 1497 he authorised John
| Cabot to search for the new land.
|
| Oh right. I remember him.
|
| He was the second cousin to Donald Zurley, famous crafter of lanterns in
| the late 18 century, immortalized by Francis Scott Key in the Star
| Spangled Banner.
|
| //Walt
| //
| //Oh Say can you see, by the Don Zurley light?

Hey! Good one.
The Rocket's red glare,
was bursting hot coals in the track from sea to shining sea.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...ket/Rocket.htm

"Walt" wrote in message
Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

"Domini, Domini, Domini...yer all Catholics, now!"
HA! Bet you thought nobody would know!

Will B.

***Down with gravity!
Vacuum sucks!
Reality is a crock!***

Will Brittland wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

"Domini, Domini, Domini...yer all Catholics, now!"
HA! Bet you thought nobody would know!

Three new words in Turkish

Towel Candy

may I see your passport

Vince

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 08:56:38 -0400, Vince wrote:

Will Brittland wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

"Domini, Domini, Domini...yer all Catholics, now!"
HA! Bet you thought nobody would know!

Three new words in Turkish

Towel Candy

may I see your passport

"You've got . . . the plague."

--
Bill Snyder [This space unintentionally left blank.]

"Vince" wrote in message
Will Brittland wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

"Domini, Domini, Domini...yer all Catholics, now!"
HA! Bet you thought nobody would know!

Three new words in Turkish

Towel Candy

"Towel, bath, border..."

may I see your passport

Vince

If we keep this up, someone will probably interject, "What's all this
brouha-ha?"

Will B.

***Down with gravity!
Vacuum sucks!
Reality is a crock!***

(Are we in Goshen, yet?)

Will Brittland wrote:
"Walt" wrote in message
Ed Conrad wrote:
a bunch of crap, mercifully snipped

All I can say is "God Bless Vespucciland"

"Domini, Domini, Domini...yer all Catholics, now!"
HA! Bet you thought nobody would know!

Three new words in Turkish

Towel Candy

may I see your passport

"You've got . . . the plague."

Oh, my God...they're everywhere! I think it's time for some of us to get
re-grooved.

Will B.

***Down with gravity!
Vacuum sucks!