posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default The Nature of the Beast

It's always amusing, truly, to go out for a sweet evening of sailing
and come back to find that not only have all of you been sitting home
posting, but actually posting about me. I find it amazing...and a
little sad. CWM certainly had some fun.
As far as the "real Bobsprit" goes, I've actually revealed more about
myself than most of you here. I'm not afraid in the least to use my
real name or even list my real phone #. I'm 43 years old, have a
beautiful son and wife and I sail a Beneteau 35s5 3 days a week on
average. Over the last 5 years I came into some money via an
inheritance, but I still work. It gave my wife the chance to give
something back and become a critical care nurse. Outside of some silly
fibs and some obvious tall tales, like hitting a dead whale (!!!), I've
actually been pretty honest with this group. I've never lied about
where I sail or the fact that I mostly daysail. I've never made any
claims about racing, long trips or deep sea diving. I sail my various
boats more often than most of you because I have the time to do so and
I truly love sailing, even if it's a few quick tacks on a J24 in
Manhasset bay. Unlike the rest of you, I don't judge people by their
boat choices or how they sail their boats. That's a fact. But I've been
able to prove, time and again, that the rest of you are hyper critical
of boat choices and how people enjoy their toys. If you TRULY do this
then what kind of people are you? Class warriors? Sailing snobs who
rarely sail?
When I was a bouncer we had a head-c who taught us that it doesn't
matter who starts a fight. A person can almost always avoid a fight.
Once the punches fly you have TWO assholes to throw out and nothing
else matters beyond protecting everyone else. Poor Doug and Sloco
(amongst some others) can't see how small they are each time they
swing!
And it would be ever-so-easy to avoid fighting with me, especially
given the repetitive nature of my posts. But when an individual is
ultra egotistical and insecure, they can't avoid the bait. It never
matters how boldly displayed the hook is.
I'm sorry to say that I do think Doug King is a blowhard. He's the type
who spouts off again and again even when he knows little about a topic.
My good friend at the yard (and a certified surveyor who's been
building and repairing sailboats for 40 years) always says that few
sailors will ever say "I don't know." Lord, does that ever apply to
Doug King.
Katy is clearly the religious right. She pretends to be otherwise, and
keeps her universe small to maintain her queen bee status. I know her
type well. Neither she, nor Doug King have much imagination, so my
actions completely befuddle them. They can only see it as a negative.
To them there must be something so very wrong with me, while they exist
in a field of emotional normality; never mind that they regularly spar
with a construct of sociopathic mischief. There are others just like
them....Sloco, Steve, John Cairns and so on.
Doug King takes himself ever so seriously, just like Katy and several
others here. They can't seem to see the flaw in their reasoning. So let
me explain it CLEARLY.
When I fire off a shot at Doug or Sloco I've scored against a real
person. Doug is DOUG. He takes it personally each time because his ego
can't even withstand the taunts of a child. When he pokes back at me
who is he hitting?
Air.
Water.
Bobsprit, the bloke who picks fights in this group is nothing at all
like the fellow who's happily married....the fellow who sails more than
most of you...the fellow who works harder than most of you when he
doesn't need to....the fellow who's persona wouldn't even think of
saying these things outside the wonderful outlet of the internet where
we can all be villains and heroes as we please. Poor Doug, Katy and
Sloco. They just can't see what I've done....the simple genius of it.
If they ever met me in person they'd never suspect I could POSSIBLY be
Bobsprit. And I can only imagine what he'd say about me! These poor
fools, locked in their own skulls conclude that if I show photos of the
boat and give some facts, then all the rest must follow. But if I lie
about so much, why believe the persona is real?
In the end, folks like Sloco and Doug are terrified that I'm actually
NOT bobsprit, that he IS a construct. How foolish to fight with a
ghost? What folly to lock foils with a imaginary foe?
For them Bobsprit must be real...else they become the fools of the
century, sparring with a child with a infinitesimal set of responses,
repeated again and again like water over a pebble. They debate with an
answering machine, squabble with a Commodore 64. It's a macabre dance
that I get to watch in complete seclusion and safety.

Going sailing today, folks. Have fun....I know at least a few of you
will!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I don't sail much because the weeds have overgrown the boat and the trailer
tires are flat.

You have an amazing comprehension of psychology.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. Rob wrote:

Katy is clearly the religious right. She pretends to be otherwise, and
keeps her universe small to maintain her queen bee status. I know her
type well.

That's not true, stop picking on Katy!

But come to think of it, I've said " Hi Katy" twice and she snubbed me
both times.

Does this queen bee thing have something to do with her hair doo?

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

That's not true, stop picking on Katy!

I don't pick on Katy, who I "imagine" is probably a good person.
But I'm beyond certain that Doug is a frustrated fart so bloated with
the contents of Cruising World and Practical Sailor that he's ready to
pop like a tick on Dracula's ass.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nutsy,

Sounds a lot like you're pleading for justification for your actions.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Sounds a lot like you're pleading for justification for your actions.

Thom...WHAT? Where is there any mention of purpose or justification?
Now THAT'S a bad troll, Thom!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thom...WHAT? Where is there any mention of purpose or justification?

Not just mere mention, it was saturated with it.

If Suzzette is "giving back" as a nurse and you have made it all possible,
then isn't Doug's wife "giving" so much more and isn't Doug an even greater
person for making it happen?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

If Suzzette is "giving back" as a nurse and you have made it all possible,
then isn't Doug's wife "giving" so much more and isn't Doug an even greater
person for making it happen?

Poor logic, Gilly. Who's to say that Suzanne wouldn't have done it
without me? Who's to say Doug's wife wouldn't be curing cancer without
him?
You're so silly!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

You're so silly!

You're right.

The Beast from the East Bob Crantz ASA 6 January 29th 06 10:38 PM
The Photo of the Beast... NOYB General 2 October 22nd 05 02:04 AM
GW is the "beast" please God save us all larry flint a.k.a lawrence stone ASA 4 November 23rd 03 09:15 PM
Nature Calling Frank Glandorf Touring 0 July 3rd 03 01:23 PM