posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default People here have lost touch with sailing

"Gilligan" wrote
| Try alt.sailing

Thanks Gilly, I will.

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
I think you people have lost touch with sailing. You talk mostly about everything but
sailing and when you talk about boats you talk about batteries and wires and motors
and all kinds of other things that aren't sailing at all. Is there a news group that
somebody here knows about that's really a sailboat newsgroup? Thanks.

Cheers,
Ellen

alt.flonkers should interest you....
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote
| alt.flonkers should interest you....

"There are no items that match alt.flonkers"

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Ellen,

I'd like to remind you that is a discussion group of Sailors talking to
Sailors. That is what it is meant to be. We do have a lot of people that
aren't sailors, probably more than we should and we have another group
of "Flunker" that would like to destroy the group, Ellen we tolerate
all, as if we were in a public bar. Sailors talking to sailor. We let
the outsider into our conservation; if they don't try to change us. If
they do we just ignore them or we have been know to make fun of them.

Ellen, I don't know how you expect us to act but we are what we are!
Take us or leaves us. Either way, it's no skin off our asses!

We aren't here for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. If you can contribute do so if
you CAN'T then SHUT THE HELL UP!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Ellen,

I'd like to remind you that is a discussion group of Sailors talking to
Sailors. That is what it is meant to be. We do have a lot of people that
aren't sailors, probably more than we should and we have another group
of "Flunker" that would like to destroy the group, Ellen we tolerate
all, as if we were in a public bar. Sailors talking to sailor. We let
the outsider into our conservation; if they don't try to change us. If
they do we just ignore them or we have been know to make fun of them.

Ellen, I don't know how you expect us to act but we are what we are!
Take us or leaves us. Either way, it's no skin off our asses!

We aren't here for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. If you can contribute do so if
you CAN'T then SHUT THE HELL UP!

Yeah...what he said!

joe

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Ellen,

I'd like to remind you that is a discussion group of Sailors talking to
Sailors. That is what it is meant to be. We do have a lot of people that
aren't sailors, probably more than we should and we have another group
of "Flunker" that would like to destroy the group, Ellen we tolerate
all, as if we were in a public bar. Sailors talking to sailor. We let
the outsider into our conservation; if they don't try to change us. If
they do we just ignore them or we have been know to make fun of them.

Ellen, I don't know how you expect us to act but we are what we are!
Take us or leaves us. Either way, it's no skin off our asses!

We aren't here for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. If you can contribute do so if
you CAN'T then SHUT THE HELL UP!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Are you a Korean War Navy Veteran? By gum, I bet you are. I'd be proud to
shake your hand.

Lloyd Bonifide

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Lloyd Bonifide wrote:
[...]

Lloyd, Ol Thom is the man of the BIG war. The Golden age, America's
best.

Good Lord Lloyd........Ol Thom walked the same deck as William
Frederick Bull Halsey, Jr., Admiral, United States Navy.

Stand at attention when you address Ol Thom....you slacker.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Ellen,

I'd like to remind you that is a discussion group of Sailors talking to
Sailors. That is what it is meant to be. We do have a lot of people that
aren't sailors, probably more than we should and we have another group
of "Flunker" that would like to destroy the group, Ellen we tolerate
all, as if we were in a public bar.

Well, it's usenet. No moderator and no barrier to anybody
wandering in off the street. Which is why we have the
resident homeless crazies yelling obscenities & talking to
themselves.

.... Sailors talking to sailor. We let
the outsider into our conservation; if they don't try to change us. If
they do we just ignore them or we have been know to make fun of them.

No! Would we ever be so rude?!?

Ellen, I don't know how you expect us to act but we are what we are!
Take us or leaves us. Either way, it's no skin off our asses!

We aren't here for YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. If you can contribute do so if
you CAN'T then SHUT THE HELL UP!

Dang skippy

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 19:50:07 -0400, "Ellen MacArthur"
wrote:

I think you people have lost touch with sailing. You talk mostly about everything but
sailing and when you talk about boats you talk about batteries and wires and motors
and all kinds of other things that aren't sailing at all. Is there a news group that
somebody here knows about that's really a sailboat newsgroup? Thanks.

Cheers,
Ellen

Time for Scotty to repost the dockside bar analogy.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa

The one that says sailing is like a bar, except that you sit in the drink
occasionally?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 April 4th 05 05:22 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 February 19th 05 05:32 AM