Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Heart of Gold and the Genset

Looks like we'll be getting a genset afterall. A Cruiser 32, which was
storm damaged has been bought by my yard after settling with the
insurance. Tiny little Kholer (Sp?) 4K genset will be a gift from the
yard along with an installation. She's all prewired for it and the
platform is ready and waiting. I have mixed feelings about it. It
weighs more than a box of feathers and we have yet to establish that
it's something we really need at anchor. In the slip, hanging out or
working, the a/c is a no brainer luxury. Still, I had to say yes or no
and I imagine this can only bring up the value of the boat with no cost
to me. According to the guy who's putting it in along with a hush box,
we'll barely hear it and no one anchored nearby will. I think he's
right since I can barely hear the genset of the Cruiser 34 that's not
far from us. It's amazingly small and quiet.
So...good news for our Heart of Gold!

RB
35s5
NY