posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Minivans: positively the dumbest, most boring threads ever in ASA

Not bad for an owner-finished boat with no equipment, dated canvas and
not
much of it, or upgrades. A factory boat would have brought an
additional
$10K. to $15K Add $40K of upgrades, including new sails, to it and it
would
have brought at least another $10K.

Thanks for supporting my argument.

Sorry, Maxi. There is no info, data or links to even hint at what you
claim. Until you can produce ANYTHING showing your boat has a value
over 60K in the real world, you're just telling stories.
I'd much rather have a Tartan 37 for that price, and so would most savy
sailors. I'm doing a canvas job for one at my club and it's beautiful
and faster than your boat, not to mention a cruising legend.
So stop your tall tales and produce some facts or just be happy with
your boat and stop trying to justify it's value with price. It's sad.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

It's true. That you don't believe it matter not one whit, primarily because
you aren't the one who will eventually buy this boat, nor will you have any
influence on the potential buyer.

What is significant is that in another five years my boat will still be
worth $60K+ and yours will be just another Beneteau with its healthy
depreciation, worth around $35K, give or take. Unless you add some
Sunbrella canvas and some serious upgrades, like a windlass, solar panels,
inverter, new sails, and on and on ad nauseum, your boat will be hard to
sell as well.

So much for the vaunted 35s5.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

It's true. That you don't believe it matter not one whit, primarily
because
you aren't the one who will eventually buy this boat, nor will you have
any
influence on the potential buyer.

No one believes it because there's no evidence to support it. Every
Seasprite online is selling for much less. But you have the magic
Seasprite, right? These are stories that work on some dumb buyers, but
most don't fall for it. You're right about one thing, I won't ever buy
that boat. There are better choices, even in it's range and age. I'd
take a Tartan 37 over it 100%.

What is significant is that in another five years my boat will still
be
worth $60K+ and yours will be just another Beneteau with its healthy
depreciation, worth around $35K, give or take.

This pretty much proves you are clueless about the market. The 35s5 has
gone up in value over 5 years as prices for newer First series boats
went up. Care to explain how it will drop by nearly half in 5 years?
With sailboats depreciation is closely linked to current new market IF
the company is still around. Witness the 35s5, 38s5, 35.5, C&C 34+,
along with some Tartans and Sabres.
5 years ago you could buy a nice clean 35s5 for 45-50K. Check the
average selling prices now.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's true. That you don't believe it matter not one whit, primarily
because
you aren't the one who will eventually buy this boat, nor will you have
any
influence on the potential buyer.

No one believes it because there's no evidence to support it.

Only you and that wizard of wizards, BB.

Every
Seasprite online is selling for much less. But you have the magic
Seasprite, right? These are stories that work on some dumb buyers, but
most don't fall for it. You're right about one thing, I won't ever buy
that boat. There are better choices, even in it's range and age. I'd
take a Tartan 37 over it 100%.

Good for you. You're not the type to want a traditional CCA-style boat, so
I wouldn't expect you to buy a SS. My wife told me tonight that she recalls
a SS34 recently on yachtworld.com that was well-equipped and listed for
$65K. She further stated that it was only listed for a short time, implying
that the owner either pulled it or sold it. Tends to dispel your
contentions about the boat.

What is significant is that in another five years my boat will still
be
worth $60K+ and yours will be just another Beneteau with its healthy
depreciation, worth around $35K, give or take.

This pretty much proves you are clueless about the market. The 35s5 has
gone up in value over 5 years as prices for newer First series boats
went up. Care to explain how it will drop by nearly half in 5 years?

Sure. It's a Beneteau, it's newer, and it's still depreciating. I've seen
no evidence that they have been appreciating, and the trend with boats in
the same general category and age as yours is that they will continue to
depreciate up to a point. If you use your boat without making constant
improvements and upgrades, it will depreciate. Mine probably would as well,
were we not making consistent upgrades.

With sailboats depreciation is closely linked to current new market IF
the company is still around. Witness the 35s5, 38s5, 35.5, C&C 34+,
along with some Tartans and Sabres.

Which are generally depreciating, the newer Tartans and Sabres perhaps
excepted. These are in a quality range substantially above your Beneteau,
and the newest boats keep going up in price. Beneteau has held the line
pretty well on price, but then they are boats built to a price, not a
cost-is-no-object boat. As I said, a boat with no upgrades and heavy use
will continue to depreciate, regardless of who made it.

5 years ago you could buy a nice clean 35s5 for 45-50K. Check the
average selling prices now.

I recall looking at them a while back and I don't recall any of them in that
price range. They cost around $90K to $100K new and are slightly above half
that now.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

$65K. She further stated that it was only listed for a short time,
implying
that the owner either pulled it or sold it. Tends to dispel your
contentions about the boat.

What nonsense. Didn't you note that the Yachtworld ad I googled up was
old? You can find these ads after their pulled via google, so where is
that RECENT ad?
I've never heard more BS with no evidence since the OJ trial!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

--
"Swab Rob" wrote

A Tartan or Sabre has nothing on a Beneteau

Bwahahahahah

I think I'll post this on the Tartan group.

--
Scotty
''One who never gets out of the Sound cannot, with

posted to alt.sailing.asa

I think I'll post this on the Tartan group.

Ever sail a Tartan 34, Scotty? Did you ever look at the interior fit
and finish or stand at the helm with the backstay against your head if
you're taller than 5'10?
Please post it to the Tartan group, you coward!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Scotty: the biggest ass ever in ASA

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm on the Tartan list, Vermon. Awaiting your post.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default the biggest fish ever in ASA

Damn this fish has a big mouth, and so many hooks in it.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

--
"Swab Rob" wrote

I think I'll post this on the Tartan group.

Ever sail a Tartan 34, Scotty? Did you ever look at the

interior fit
and finish or stand at the helm with the backstay against

your head if
you're taller than 5'10?
Please post it to the Tartan group, you coward!

RB, ''One who never gets out of the Sound cannot, with

any degree of credibility, comment on the courage
of fellow sailors'' ....F.B.
http://tinyurl.com/pzdl8

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default the biggest ass fish ever in ASA

Stop jumping into my boat! You stink !

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha