posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Sailing Again

After some nice winds, dropping the main as we head back for some
BBQ....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/hghomeweby.jpg

Meanwhile the rest of you have been doing very nice work on the end of
my lines this week!

Hoooh ahhhhh!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
After some nice winds, dropping the main as we head back for some
BBQ....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/hghomeweby.jpg

Meanwhile the rest of you have been doing very nice work on the end of
my lines this week!

Hoooh ahhhhh!

That nice red sunset indicates a lot of particulates in the air.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Hey Nutsy,

The Picture shows the Head Sail Furled and the Main still up and
working;---- why do you say "dropping the Main and heading in" ?

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Nice pic. You're what, maybe 500 yds from shore?

BwaHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

--
Scotty
''One who never gets out of the Sound cannot, with

--
"Swab Rob" wrote ...
After some nice winds, dropping the main as we head back

for some
BBQ....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/hghomeweby.jpg

Meanwhile the rest of you have been doing very nice work

on the end of
my lines this week!

Hoooh ahhhhh!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ps.com...
After some nice winds, dropping the main as we head back for some
BBQ....

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/hghomeweby.jpg

Man it must suck big time... no dodger, no rail cloths around the cockpit or
rail webbing for lil Thom. Not even a bimini. The worst though is you seem
to have no cockpit cushions. Generally those items are included on a second
hand boat like yours.

Meanwhile the rest of you have been doing very nice work on the end of
my lines this week!

Good Grief Bobsprit..... no wonder you've never been beyond a day sail with
your posting regime to this group.

I was dockside today.... doing some electrical work on Overproof . Somebody
decided to step aboard without permission. He almost fell backwards into the
water when he was met by my pair of Bull Terriers. Too funny.... the look on
the dude's face was priceless. He claimed he was admiring the boat and
wanted a closer look.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Man it must suck big time... no dodger, no rail cloths around the
cockpit or
rail webbing for lil Thom.

Thomas is not permitted out of the cockpit.

Not even a bimini.

We have a bimini, just not installed.

The worst though is you seem
to have no cockpit cushions. Generally those items are included on a
second
hand boat like yours.

That's the worst? We thought it was the fact that we're buying 2 new
sails cuz the mylar is ugly? Glad you think it's cushions...which we
have, BTW!

Good Grief Bobsprit..... no wonder you've never been beyond a day sail with

your posting regime to this group.

Well, if you're gonna just lie with your bare face hanging out....

I was dockside today

Of course you were!

.... doing some electrical work on Overproof .

That project boat will always be a project I'm afraid.

Somebody
decided to step aboard without permission.

Wow. I have to tell you I can't even imagine anyone boarding a boat
without permission. That fella was probably after more than a "look"
and his lie about a closer look is pretty funny. He needed to stand on
the boat for a closer look? Let's be honest. He saw a Nordica and new
you must have every kind of tool on board to keep the thing going. He
as probably looking to take them. You may want to get bigger dogs or
cheaper tools!

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Nordica....The boat project for a lifetime!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!! Nordica....The boat project for a lifetime!

Even though you just posted that you were busy with "projects" of your own
on Heart of Gold. I would be prone to follow your method of selling and
buying instead of maintaining my current boat.... except that I'm so happy
with Overproof that I rather enjoy the "projects" and routine maintenance
involved.

I'd say.."see you out there".... but you never get far enough away from your
dock for that situation to ever materialize. ;-)

CM -

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Even though you just posted that you were busy with "projects" of your
own
on Heart of Gold.

Hmmmm. I don't think tightening a windex and installing new gear (such
as a second station mic and Ipod) equate to the poor Nordica's
cavalcade of upkeep, repairs and wiring/wood/glass issues and leaks.
Let us not compare apples to oranges when all you have is a rotted
Cumquat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

except that I'm so happy
with Overproof that I rather enjoy the "projects"

I would hope so!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message

Hmmmm. I don't think tightening a windex and installing new gear (such
as a second station mic and Ipod) equate to the poor Nordica's
cavalcade of upkeep, repairs and wiring/wood/glass issues and leaks.
Let us not compare apples to oranges when all you have is a rotted
Cumquat.

Well... teak doesn't rot and the boat doesn't leak. Straightening a Windex
is routine maintenance and installing upgrades is a project... much like
replacing cable to the secondary nav light system.[which by the way was
installed when I purchased the boat] Seems to me like you have as many of
the "cavalcade of upkeep" situations that you claim I have!

Nonetheless.... you purchased a very barebones boat. It appears bereft of
the basic equipment. You'll have your work cut out just installing the base
requirements for day sailing..... let alone attempting to meet Cat.-I specs.

I must say..... for a plastic sailboat, nothing speaks low maintenance like
a 35s5.
I bet the Mac26X sailors are envious of you.

CM-

Learning to sail the USA way. ARG ASA 82 March 23rd 06 01:10 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 January 13th 06 05:32 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 1 April 19th 05 10:08 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 March 6th 05 05:29 AM
American Sailing Association frequently asked questions Paul R. Fortin ASA 0 September 10th 04 05:16 AM