posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default 7 days without power in Queens!

No wonder RB bought a floating hotel.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Reverend Crantz wrote:
No wonder RB bought a floating hotel.

Bob C...can you get anything right?

We live in Kew Gardens, Forest Hills. No problems here.

Folks in Astoria lost power, still down....7 days and counting.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. Rob wrote:
Reverend Crantz wrote:
No wonder RB bought a floating hotel.

Bob C...can you get anything right?

We live in Kew Gardens, Forest Hills. No problems here.

Folks in Astoria lost power, still down....7 days and counting.

RB
35s5
NY

A buddy with a NYC power company said it is Rats eating the power
cables, some so big that when they die on a power cable the fat in the
rat bodies boils across the cables and short the lines. That and some
people are dumb enough to run shore power cables underwater to run
AC's.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

That and some
people are dumb enough to run shore power cables underwater to run
AC's.

Joe thinks the wires will get wet and then blow out a transformer. He
knows as much about electricity as he does cables!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

That and some
people are dumb enough to run shore power cables underwater to run
AC's.

Joe thinks the wires will get wet and then blow out a transformer. He
knows as much about electricity as he does cables!

Joe's concern is not misplaced, however your conclusion is based upon
ignorance. That cable assembly requires a float or cable tray. The way your
power line and dock lines run is not best industry practice. The boatyard
would flip if the insurance underwriters saw your setup.

Leaders set examples, scoundrel and second handers try to skirt the rules.
It's obvious which boat you are in.

Shame on you!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Reverend Crantz wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

That and some
people are dumb enough to run shore power cables underwater to run
AC's.

Joe thinks the wires will get wet and then blow out a transformer. He
knows as much about electricity as he does cables!

Joe's concern is not misplaced, however your conclusion is based upon
ignorance. That cable assembly requires a float or cable tray. The way your
power line and dock lines run is not best industry practice. The boatyard
would flip if the insurance underwriters saw your setup.

Indeed Rev Crantz.. Not only do you see acid rain streaks on his hull,
but if you look closely you can see that his Zinc's are boiling from
stray voltage.

Joe

Leaders set examples, scoundrel and second handers try to skirt the rules.
It's obvious which boat you are in.

Shame on you!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

That and some
people are dumb enough to run shore power cables underwater to run
AC's.

Joe thinks the wires will get wet and then blow out a transformer. He
knows as much about electricity as he does cables!

Actually, Bob. Joe is right on this occasion.

Your shore power cable is not completely waterproof. Over time water will
get in.

Fibre optic cables are filled with a water repellant gel to prevent frost
damage because PVC and Polueurathane insulations are not completely
waterproof. Over a six month period, enough water will get through your
cable's insulation to cause real problems.

Joe is correct. The wires will get wet if you leave a shorepower cable
submerged. I think that you should apoligise to him.

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The wires will get wet if you leave a shorepower cable
submerged. I think that you should apoligise to him.

Nah, I think I'll leave them in the water all summer and fall and call
Joe a jerk, thereby sticking with the facts.

Hoooh Ahhh!

RB
35s5
NY