Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default They Shoot Dead Horses, Don't They?

I reported gusts to 30 knots Sunday the 9th. Everyone got excited
because some guy named "Dave" then claimed there was only 5 knots of
wind on the LIS (The ENTIRE LIS!!!). And THEN I posted local weather
from two websites showing wind to 27.6 MPH where I was....slightly more
than 5 knots. I was right and they were wrong...and I proved it. Poor
Thom could only cling to a photo taken earlier. Oh boy.
Now....I still know something these people are too foolish to figure
out. I'm going to prove how dumb they all are....
Okay...I'll do it NOW!

Here's the weather for my area, confirming what I reported:
http://weather.newsday.com/auto/news...sta tename=NA

BUT, here's the weather for Mystic which comfirms, at least to some
degree, that Dave may have found much less wind where he was sailing
(if he was). So I'm actually saving this poor sap! Of course Dave's
sailing report is as bogus as Joe's bluewater dreams.
http://weather.newsday.com/auto/news...sta tename=NA

The main thing here is this...

1) Dave, Joe and Thom are not expereinced enough to know that weather
can be vastly different just a few miles away!
2) They can't even look up a weather chart by area!
3) The idea that I was out sailing in a fresh breeze or more is really
upsetting to them!

RB
35s5
NY