posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default I Saw the Asteroid!

Watched it last night through a pair of Leitz Trinovid Binoculars and
Leopold Gold Ring binoculars. The Leitz had an upper edge on clarity, color
and resolution. They are also favorably reviewed in the optics message
boards. I snapped a picture using a Hasselblad body through a custom
Celestron MAK 200 mm scope. I used a 16 MP hyperspectral focal plane
imaginging array that covered near infra red through close UV. The Celestron
had special optical coatings to maintain the same focal length regardless of
wavelength. The multispectral imaging is superb! The viewfinding scope on
this piece of glass far exceeds standards for university level telescopes.
Look for pictures on my upcoming website.

Save the children!

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

The Celestron
had special optical coatings to maintain the same focal length
regardless of
wavelength. The multispectral imaging is superb!

Coatings? To maintain the FL????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..
Watched it last night through a pair of Leitz Trinovid Binoculars and
Leopold Gold Ring binoculars.

That must have been an exhilirating experience! Well done!! You are the
first person in the history of mankind to view an asteroid through a pair of
bird spotting binoculars. Your name will be become synonomous with
scientific innovation. I guess that our grandchildren will feel the same
reverence for the name "Bob Crantz" as we feel for the name "Einstein".

Regards

Donal

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Celestron
had special optical coatings to maintain the same focal length
regardless of
wavelength. The multispectral imaging is superb!

Coatings? To maintain the FL????

Yes, it's been used in spacecraft optics for years. As you must well know IR
has a different focal point than visible light through optical glass,
because of the difference in indices of refraction. Coatings can compensate
for this.

Don't believe me?

Here's a design of a hyperspectral imaging space based telescope, over 10
years old. See for yourself:

http://techdigest.jhuapl.edu/td1702/hefernan.pdf

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Don't believe me?

Nope...and even my Kia is more interesting.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Donal" wrote in message

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..
Watched it last night through a pair of Leitz Trinovid Binoculars and
Leopold Gold Ring binoculars.

That must have been an exhilirating experience! Well done!! You are the
first person in the history of mankind to view an asteroid through a pair
of
bird spotting binoculars. Your name will be become synonomous with
scientific innovation. I guess that our grandchildren will feel the same
reverence for the name "Bob Crantz" as we feel for the name "Einstein".

They are very, very large binoculars!

http://apavlik0.tripod.com/strangeCA...nos_estbl1.jpg

posted to alt.sailing.asa

They are very, very large binoculars!

Those would do it.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message

"Donal" wrote in message

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
. ..
Watched it last night through a pair of Leitz Trinovid Binoculars and
Leopold Gold Ring binoculars.

That must have been an exhilirating experience! Well done!! You are

the
first person in the history of mankind to view an asteroid through a

pair
of
bird spotting binoculars. Your name will be become synonomous with
scientific innovation. I guess that our grandchildren will feel the

same
reverence for the name "Bob Crantz" as we feel for the name "Einstein".

They are very, very large binoculars!

http://apavlik0.tripod.com/strangeCA...nos_estbl1.jpg

Your eyes must be very far apart!!!

Regards