posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Sailing on a Wing and a Prayer....

Let's face facts: You choose a boat for the type of sailing you plan to
do TODAY...not years down the road. Have a look at poor Joe, forced to
buy a smaller fun boat to get his real sailing fix. Or Jeff, forced to
buy a Catamaran and also sail small boats to get some real sailing fun.
Then there's perhaps the saddest member here in Doug, who cashed in his
sailing chips for a powerboat. And yet he still hangs around like a
Hell's Angel on a Vespa. It's truly pathetic.

For anyone seeking a boat, find the vessel that suits your dreams NOW.
Joe has Dead Cloud, a crismson barge more house than boat. He bought it
with "plans" to go cruising, but he posts here almost every day. He
cruises less than we do. So why not buy the right boat...something fast
and fun that doesn't require a second boat purchase? Why spend so much
energy outfitting a boat over a period of years...watching initial
installations turn brittle with age? Joe claims he knows how to outfit
a boat, but folks we meet who cruise long range seem to get their boats
ready in a few weeks. What is this "outfitting" dance Joe uses to keep
his brittle dreams aloft?

Be warned: Joe's dream and failure are commonplace. I sell boats, such
as a Irwin 37 for sale next week, that are proof of such poor
philosophy. The poor guy bought a 25K boat and proceeded to install 20K
worth of "outfitting." Like Joe's, the boat sat and sat. Slow, a dull
design with a lot of space, the liveaboard lifestyle ended without any
realization of the dream. He now owns a Cal 29 and sails two or three
times per week and is planning on a cruise to Florida. He finally has
the right boat.

So, use Joe's sad story as a bright beacon...avoid at all costs for the
costs will be high.

Capt. Robert B....Sailing the dream NOW
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Feeling a bit insecure?

Kia...Bent-a-toe...Soccer mom.

Nuff said.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Joe wrote:
Feeling a bit insecure?

Kia...Bent-a-toe...Soccer mom.

Nuff said.

Joe

Nope...just trying to teach by example.

35s5 faster than your boat!
STS faster than your car!
Kia van ALSO faster than your car!
MG-TF show car...where's yours?
Suzanne is a swimmer and baseball player...no soccer.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Capt. Kangroo wrote:
Joe wrote:
Feeling a bit insecure?

Kia...Bent-a-toe...Soccer mom.

Nuff said.

Joe

Nope...just trying to teach by example.

Well OK then.

You can never teach anything about cruising, passagemakers,
live-aboards, being a Captain, or thinking ahead.

Glad we got that strait.

Joe

"If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my
ax."
A.L.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Capt. Rob wrote:
You can never teach anything about cruising, passagemakers,
live-aboards,

Common sense would seem to indicate a person buys a passagemaker to
make a passage. Please let us all know when you finally set off!!!!

Common sence would also indicate a person who calls himself "Capt. Rob"
would be a captain. You have proven that total BS.

Sorry Rob, but I do not have the time to feed your addiction to
everything me.

Captian Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Common sence would also indicate a person who calls himself "Capt. Rob"

would be a captain. You have proven that total BS.

Look up the word "captain" joe. Learn a little basic English.
I know people who have their six packs and they can't sail at all. So
what does that ticket really mean? Nada.
Since you think your boat's hull speed is 13 knots...I rest my case.
It's below 9, Joe. It's a little thing called physics. But you missed
that class along with remedial English.

CAPTAIN RB
35s5....faster than Joe's steel snail
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote

Let's face facts: I'm an idiot.

Nuff said.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

It's below 9, Joe. It's a little thing called physics.

CAPTAIN RB
35s5....faster than Joe's steel snail
NY

There is no law for hull speed.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

There is no law for hull speed.

Theoretical hull speed is a precise measurement and generally close to
the mark. Joe already said his boat does 9 knots on 30 knots of air. So
how is his hull speed 13 knots? Does it hit 13 knots in 80 knots of
air?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Capt. Rob wrote:
There is no law for hull speed.

Theoretical hull speed is a precise measurement and generally close to
the mark. Joe already said his boat does 9 knots on 30 knots of air. So
how is his hull speed 13 knots? Does it hit 13 knots in 80 knots of
air?

Just to feed your Joe addiction.
I said 9 kts in 21 kts of wind.

You say the hull speed of a Swan 56 is 9 knots yet your french clorox
bottle does 10.5.
Bwahahahahahahahahaaaa yeah right...and with just the main..sheeeeze.

What ever you say Capt Crunch.

Captain Joe

RB
35s5
NY

OT Right Wing Christian Zealots [email protected] General 69 November 14th 05 01:45 PM
Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM
OK you right wing nuts... "Fair & Balanced" DSK General 20 October 12th 05 12:27 AM