posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Hurricane Tax Breaks

Lucky Floridians can buy tax free hurricane supplies this week.

Next week Hurricane season season starts, and it looks to be a very
active season again, with the most storms on the right coast.

The most endangered city after New Orleans is New York. If they get a
cat5 it will make New Orleans look like a cake walk.

The perdictions say 17 named storms and 5 major hurricanes.

Also heard that NOAA is going to define a new class of super hurricanes
(cat.6)

Are you ready?
What have you done to get ready?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Joe wrote:
Lucky Floridians can buy tax free hurricane supplies this week.

Next week Hurricane season season starts, and it looks to be a very
active season again, with the most storms on the right coast.

The most endangered city after New Orleans is New York. If they get a
cat5 it will make New Orleans look like a cake walk.

The perdictions say 17 named storms and 5 major hurricanes.

Also heard that NOAA is going to define a new class of super hurricanes
(cat.6)

Are you ready?
What have you done to get ready?

Joe

Timed how fast I can run up the steps to the 3rd floor
balcony....and we're leaving for most of it back to Michigan...and
the boat will be on the hard...
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Out here, the best way to get ready is to stick your finger in a dike. Of
course, you may get slapped.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
oups.com...
Lucky Floridians can buy tax free hurricane supplies this week.

Next week Hurricane season season starts, and it looks to be a very
active season again, with the most storms on the right coast.

The most endangered city after New Orleans is New York. If they get a
cat5 it will make New Orleans look like a cake walk.

The perdictions say 17 named storms and 5 major hurricanes.

Also heard that NOAA is going to define a new class of super hurricanes
(cat.6)

Are you ready?
What have you done to get ready?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank

Put my boat up for sale in Key West and moved back to Seattle. grin

Frank

posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy

Frank wrote:
Put my boat up for sale in Key West and moved back to Seattle. grin

Frank

So when the earthquake comes and the volcano spews on you what do
you do then?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank

Katy asks:
So when the earthquake comes and the volcano spews on you what do
you do then?

Actually, several years back, one of those psychics said that Rainier
was gonna blow and destroy Tacoma plus global warming would raise the
sea level by 50 feet or more and it'd get tropical here. A friend who
believed that guy quit his job at Microsoft, giving up a lot of stock
options (which were actually worth something back then), and moved to
Arizona. I said I didn't see a downside to it! Urban reneweal (Tacoma
sucks! It'd be wonderful to have it destroyed in one fell swoop.) and
since I live about a mile from the shore and about 75 feet above sea
level, I'd probably wind up with tropical waterfront property. Again,
as far as I was concerned, there was no downside.

Of course, he was gasp! wrong and it never happened. My friend
actaully moved back to Seattle *before* the destruction due date
because he hated living in Arizona so much that he said he'd rather die
here than live there. He got a new job at Microsoft but had to start
from scratch on his new stock options. Idiot.

Frank - still waiting

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Your a hurricane magnet Frank...good move ;o)

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank

Joe wrote:
Your a hurricane magnet Frank...good move ;o)

I'm not really a superstitious guy; but you may be right! The last
world-class hurricane to hit the area was Camille in 69. Not long after
that I moved to Seattle and there were no world-class hurricane hits to
the area after that until I decided to go back to New Orleans to buy a
boat last year. Ack!

Except I'm kinda like Typhoid Mary. We came through just fine, even the
boat was essentially unscathed; it's our surroundings that get trashed.
Consider New Orleans and the Gulf Coast, not to mention South Florida,
where we apparently attracted Wilma.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
Lucky Floridians can buy tax free hurricane supplies this week.

Next week Hurricane season season starts, and it looks to be a very
active season again, with the most storms on the right coast.

The most endangered city after New Orleans is New York. If they get a
cat5 it will make New Orleans look like a cake walk.

The perdictions say 17 named storms and 5 major hurricanes.

Also heard that NOAA is going to define a new class of super hurricanes
(cat.6)

Are you ready?
What have you done to get ready?

Joe

Timed how fast I can run up the steps to the 3rd floor balcony....and
we're leaving for most of it back to Michigan...and the boat will be on
the hard...

Did you ever meet Doug and Micky, the owners of Touch of Gray? It was the
40' Endeavor CC that was slipped at Whitehall Landing. They sold out and
sailed her down to Florida for retirement, where they put her up on the hard
while they took a sabbatical in Alaska. While there they were watching a
news clip of one of the hurricanes in FL on the tube, and there, before
their eyes, was Touch of Gray, sunken, all but her stern, nose down in the
bay. The surge apparently took her off the jackstands and beat her to
death.

I wasn't trying to frighten you, but thought you'd find that of
significance.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Out here, the best way to get ready is to stick your finger in a dike. Of
course, you may get slapped.

Or not.

Max

More gas on gas JohnH General 191 April 28th 06 12:43 AM
Sailing in hurricane alley! Capt. Neal® ASA 23 November 3rd 05 11:47 PM
Notes from hurricane Wilma. [email protected] General 1 November 2nd 05 12:16 PM
Wilma - Looks like another bad one *JimH* General 28 October 23rd 05 01:44 AM