BoatBanter.com

-   -   Day Shapes and more. (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/69262-day-shapes-more.html)

SUZY April 30th 06 02:25 PM

Day Shapes and more.

1.You approch a vessel and see 3 black balls in the rigging in a
vertical line.

What does it mean?

2. You see 2 diamond shaped bright red balls in the rigging in a
vertical line not less than 6' apart and not less than 10' above the
deckhouse. What does this dayshape mean?

Bonus Sound signal

You hear a rapid ringing of a bell for 5 seconds. What is it?

Joe

Scout April 30th 06 03:31 PM

Day Shapes and more.

"SUZY" wrote in message
oups.com...
1.You approch a vessel and see 3 black balls in the rigging in a
vertical line.

What does it mean?

2. You see 2 diamond shaped bright red balls in the rigging in a
vertical line not less than 6' apart and not less than 10' above the
deckhouse. What does this dayshape mean?

Bonus Sound signal

You hear a rapid ringing of a bell for 5 seconds. What is it?

Joe

Joe? ooopsie!

Frank Boettcher April 30th 06 04:58 PM

Day Shapes and more.

On 30 Apr 2006 06:25:36 -0700, "SUZY" wrote:

1.You approch a vessel and see 3 black balls in the rigging in a
vertical line.

What does it mean?

Vessel over 65' in length aground

2. You see 2 diamond shaped bright red balls in the rigging in a
vertical line not less than 6' apart and not less than 10' above the
deckhouse. What does this dayshape mean?

International dayshape for a dredge moored for operation?

Bonus Sound signal

You hear a rapid ringing of a bell for 5 seconds. What is it?

Dredge beginning a new boom swing cycle?

Joe

SUZY April 30th 06 08:33 PM

Day Shapes and more.

Well duh.... You gotta problem with that Scout?

Joe

SUZY April 30th 06 08:34 PM

Day Shapes and more.

Sorry Frank...Wrong.

Scout April 30th 06 08:55 PM

Day Shapes and more.

"SUZY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well duh.... You gotta problem with that Scout?

Joe

If I had a problem with it, you'd know it Joe!
Scout

Frank Boettcher April 30th 06 09:53 PM

Day Shapes and more.

On 30 Apr 2006 12:34:38 -0700, "SUZY" wrote:

Sorry Frank...Wrong.

International Rules

"A vessel aground by day must hoist three black balls each not less
than two feet in diameter, in a vertical line with not less than six
feet separation [11(e)]. This signal is not required of vessels less
than 65 feet in length [7(g)]."

The other two were a guess. So I get a 33 on the test?

Frank

SUZY May 1st 06 03:04 PM

Day Shapes and more.

You were right on the aground so I guess you get the 33.3% Frank.

However the two red diamonds indicates Steam vessel, derrick boat,
lighter or other type of vessel made fast alongside a wreck or moored
over a wreck which is on the bottom, or partly submerged, or which may
be drifting.

Pilot 80.19

If you had a Nikon Xr4 with a 3 gig osmosis fish eye lens you would
have known that!

Suzy
35s5
NY

Frank Boettcher May 1st 06 05:57 PM

Day Shapes and more.

On 1 May 2006 07:04:31 -0700, "SUZY" wrote:

You were right on the aground so I guess you get the 33.3% Frank.

However the two red diamonds indicates Steam vessel, derrick boat,
lighter or other type of vessel made fast alongside a wreck or moored
over a wreck which is on the bottom, or partly submerged, or which may
be drifting.

Pilot 80.19

If you had a Nikon Xr4 with a 3 gig osmosis fish eye lens you would
have known that!

That's the problem. My walmart disposable just doesn't get me there.

Suzy
35s5
NY