posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

Default Day Shapes and more.

1.You approch a vessel and see 3 black balls in the rigging in a
vertical line.

What does it mean?

2. You see 2 diamond shaped bright red balls in the rigging in a
vertical line not less than 6' apart and not less than 10' above the
deckhouse. What does this dayshape mean?

Bonus Sound signal

You hear a rapid ringing of a bell for 5 seconds. What is it?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

"SUZY" wrote in message
oups.com...
1.You approch a vessel and see 3 black balls in the rigging in a
vertical line.

What does it mean?

2. You see 2 diamond shaped bright red balls in the rigging in a
vertical line not less than 6' apart and not less than 10' above the
deckhouse. What does this dayshape mean?

Bonus Sound signal

You hear a rapid ringing of a bell for 5 seconds. What is it?

Joe

Joe? ooopsie!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 30 Apr 2006 06:25:36 -0700, "SUZY" wrote:

1.You approch a vessel and see 3 black balls in the rigging in a
vertical line.

What does it mean?

Vessel over 65' in length aground

2. You see 2 diamond shaped bright red balls in the rigging in a
vertical line not less than 6' apart and not less than 10' above the
deckhouse. What does this dayshape mean?

International dayshape for a dredge moored for operation?

Bonus Sound signal

You hear a rapid ringing of a bell for 5 seconds. What is it?

Dredge beginning a new boom swing cycle?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

Well duh.... You gotta problem with that Scout?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

Sorry Frank...Wrong.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scout

"SUZY" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well duh.... You gotta problem with that Scout?

Joe

If I had a problem with it, you'd know it Joe!
Scout

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 30 Apr 2006 12:34:38 -0700, "SUZY" wrote:

Sorry Frank...Wrong.

International Rules

"A vessel aground by day must hoist three black balls each not less
than two feet in diameter, in a vertical line with not less than six
feet separation [11(e)]. This signal is not required of vessels less
than 65 feet in length [7(g)]."

The other two were a guess. So I get a 33 on the test?

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa
SUZY

You were right on the aground so I guess you get the 33.3% Frank.

However the two red diamonds indicates Steam vessel, derrick boat,
lighter or other type of vessel made fast alongside a wreck or moored
over a wreck which is on the bottom, or partly submerged, or which may
be drifting.

Pilot 80.19

If you had a Nikon Xr4 with a 3 gig osmosis fish eye lens you would
have known that!

Suzy
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 1 May 2006 07:04:31 -0700, "SUZY" wrote:

You were right on the aground so I guess you get the 33.3% Frank.

However the two red diamonds indicates Steam vessel, derrick boat,
lighter or other type of vessel made fast alongside a wreck or moored
over a wreck which is on the bottom, or partly submerged, or which may
be drifting.

Pilot 80.19

If you had a Nikon Xr4 with a 3 gig osmosis fish eye lens you would
have known that!

That's the problem. My walmart disposable just doesn't get me there.

Suzy
35s5
NY