Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default Canadian Olympic Welfare!

A bunch of athletes suckling the government teat!

Right he

http://www.olympic.ca/EN/newsletters/27e.shtml

Ontario Government Increases Funding to High-Performance Athletes

On January 11, the Ontario government, along with Jim Watson, Minister of
Health Promotion, announced that it will be providing additional funding to
Ontario high-performance athletes through a new lottery initiative. The
program, in conjunction with the Ontario Lottery & Gaming Corporation, is
expected to generate $2.5 million in direct financial assistance towards
Ontario athletes by the end of the government fiscal year in March 2006 in
order to help them achieve better results nationally and internationally.

"The Canadian Olympic Committee is pleased to see that Minister Watson and
the Ontario government are increasing their commitment to high-performance
sport in this province," said COC Chief Executive Officer, Chris Rudge.
"Sport is an integral part of our culture and with the 2010 Olympic Winter
Games coming to Vancouver we are hopeful that this funding will increase in
the future in order to strengthen Canada's depth of field and broaden the
number of Canadian athletes competing internationally."

They should all be stripped of any medals they win.

Taxpayer funded Olympians!

IS THERE NO SHAME?????????

Amen!