posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default The Bird Man

Do you think the Canada Navy ripped off Gaz's shoulder boards and broke
his sword for posting here?

Or is he sailing the NW passage looking for pirates?

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Or is he sailing the NW passage looking for pirates?

Hey Joe... LCdr Davis (Captain of HMCS Oriole) aka Gary aka Gaz
may be back on his ship by now.

I know personally that he posted to one of my statements on 1-26-06
via the "rec.boats.cruising" group. We had quite an interesting ex-
change having to do with my experiences with a multinational crew
on a small foreign flagged container ship... and his views of same.

In my opinion Mr. Davis is very knowledgeable and a definite asset
to any news group dealing with nautical type matters.

Though I can't speak for him... I suspect he treads lightly when it
comes to posting to this NG due to it's notoriety. (smile)

For the record... since I'm kind of a newbie... I find this "gang"
very entertaining and at times informative. Some of the reg-
ular participants are a "diamond in the rough" so to speak.

Best regards

Bill

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Sheeeze Bill now every canook with scrambled eggs on his hat can google
and find Gaz....he will never post here again.

I wonder if Ol Thom ever made it to his ship yet, Thom can show him
how to properly set his sails.

Did you know there are pictures on the internet with his ship sailing
and the sails are backwards, upside down and sheeted wrong?

If he were Chinese they would beat him with Bamboo over that.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Lady Pilot

wrote:
For the record... since I'm kind of a newbie... I find this "gang"
very entertaining and at times informative. Some of the reg-
ular participants are a "diamond in the rough" so to speak.

Who else could you be referring to, except for the fine Capt. Neal? ;-)

LP (diamond cutter, among other trades)

OT - Big Bird the Killer! Mule General 1 December 22nd 05 09:34 PM
Bird crap? Bob Crantz ASA 0 October 31st 05 09:30 PM
Another Bush screw-up looms... PocoLoco General 0 October 9th 05 02:16 PM