posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Selling boat slips

I notice on boats.rec.marketplace that Capn Rob is brokering a boat
slip. I've heard of slips being sold but how common is this?
Depending on the local and what the marina was like, the price is
fairly good. I wonder why we do not see more of this here. If I saw a
good slip for sale here for that price I'd buy it. This brings me to
the price of renting a slip. What do various people pay for a slip?
Please give your location.
I currently pay $214/month in Shell Pt, FL (N FL south of
Tallathassee). Last year when I briefly had my boat in South FL near
Sarasota, I paid $11.00/ft/month or $308/month.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

You can get a slip with security here for about $500 a season, Mahone Bay
offers a Mooring for the season with Tender services at $650. Annual rates
can be as high as $1500 to $6000 depending on your choice of quality and
prestige requirements. I can get an annual slip for about $500 with power
but handle security and water.

CM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I notice on boats.rec.marketplace that Capn Rob is brokering a boat
slip. I've heard of slips being sold but how common is this?
Depending on the local and what the marina was like, the price is
fairly good. I wonder why we do not see more of this here. If I saw a
good slip for sale here for that price I'd buy it. This brings me to
the price of renting a slip. What do various people pay for a slip?
Please give your location.
I currently pay $214/month in Shell Pt, FL (N FL south of
Tallathassee). Last year when I briefly had my boat in South FL near
Sarasota, I paid $11.00/ft/month or $308/month.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

currently pay $214/month in Shell Pt, FL (N FL south of
Tallathassee). Last year when I briefly had my boat in South FL near
Sarasota, I paid $11.00/ft/month or $308/month.

Sadly the location of City Island has been discovered and quite
recently Royal marine and Consolidated were purchased to build luxury
homes and condos. The trend is pushing out the middle class and making
it very expensive to stay on the island. A 36 foot slip for the summer
will cost you about 4K with membership and other fees. I currently have
3 slips for sale after selling 3. They are not easy to sell because
thier value is tough to determine. Owning one will save you about 1500
per season at best.
Memberships at clubs like Harlem and City Island aren't exactly
friendly either...all pricey. City Island just got a West Marine on the
island....great, another place that won't have anything in stock.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

After doing a bit of looking on the net, I admit it seems failrly
common but I just never noticed the idea.
Maroone, that seems great. Unfortunately, getting my boat uo there
each summer would be a major task.
Right now, i am looking for a place in SE FL for a cruise I want to do
to the Bahamas. I plan to sail down thereto SE, FL later this month
and then wait till maybe March to do the Bahamas.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito

"Capt. Rob" wrote
currently pay $214/month in Shell Pt, FL (N FL south of
Tallathassee). Last year when I briefly had my boat in South FL near
Sarasota, I paid $11.00/ft/month or $308/month.

$470/quarter (paid quarterly) for 45' slip.
http://regent-point.com/

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

IMHO I don't know why anybody would buy a boat slip. First of all most
condo marinas also have annual "condo" fees that come damn near what
the annual rent would be somewhere else. On top of that if the marina
decides to do a big project your charged extra for that too. The big
falicy however is that they tell you that you own it and it will always
go up in value. Hogwash. Every slip "purchase" contract I've ever
seen tells you in the small print that you only "own" it for 99 years.
At what point during this period do you think you wouldn't be able to
get a nickel for it? One of the great things about owning a boat is
that it's moveable and you can take it to new venues anytime you want.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

IMHO I don't know why anybody would buy a boat slip. First of all most

condo marinas also have annual "condo" fees that come damn near what
the annual rent would be somewhere else.

You're "honest opinion" is just as worthless as your info on boats.
A 40 foot slip was selling for about 10K on City Island in 2000. Two
recently sold for 20K and 23K. In addition renting a 40 foot slip will
cost 4300 a season (with fees) vs. 2800 if you own it. You are correct
that the slips are only good for another 75 years or so, which might be
a worry if you buy a slip when you're 3 years old and plan to sail in
your 80's.

Sloco screwed the pooch AGAIN. Not everyone lives in such poor areas as
you Sloco.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Steve Dooley

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
IMHO I don't know why anybody would buy a boat slip. First of all most

condo marinas also have annual "condo" fees that come damn near what
the annual rent would be somewhere else.

You're "honest opinion" is just as worthless as your info on boats.
A 40 foot slip was selling for about 10K on City Island in 2000. Two
recently sold for 20K and 23K. In addition renting a 40 foot slip will
cost 4300 a season (with fees) vs. 2800 if you own it. You are correct
that the slips are only good for another 75 years or so, which might be
a worry if you buy a slip when you're 3 years old and plan to sail in
your 80's.

Sloco screwed the pooch AGAIN. Not everyone lives in such poor areas as
you Sloco.

RB
35s5
NY

Don't you need a realtor's license to sell slips in New York?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

You're "honest opinion" is just as worthless as your info on
boats.

This from someone who bought a boat for it's instructor platform.

35s5 ......... always at the back of the pack.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

One also needs a broker license to "broker" boats for sale. I pointed this
out to Bob a while ago, and I wondered what he was actually doing, since I'm
sure he wouldn't break the law.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com