posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Combo Plater with Fries, Please!

Most 35 footers that can match the 35s5's speed won't have an aft cabin
with a 7 foot berth, an 8 foot cockpit, a beautiful interior, a swim
platform, Whitlock R&P steering, draft under 5 feet, tons of storage
including the largest lazerette I've seen on any boat under 40 feet,
the largest head I've ever seen on a boat (No, not mine!) under 40 feet
and more.
Now, if you really want to race go for the deep draft and TR and you
rate 114-120. We have the TR and wing, rating around 123-128. Very few
boats offer this combo of luxury and speed at 60-70K.
Now if you don't care about the cabin, swim platform and most of the
other items there are plenty of 35 foot racers that are FAR faster. But
we bought the 35s5 as a fast and fun weekend cruiser for family and
friends with occasional longer trips and plenty of She just can't be
beat in that capacity.
This is not my opinion. It's utterly factual and I've proven it again
and again. My boat is better than the others here and there's nothing
you can do about it....faster, newer, more luxurious and comfortable
(especially if you're tall!) and better for a family! After 17 years
the 35s5 has held up better than many premium cruisers and is still
faster than the majority of cruiser racers on the market.
She was 1st in 1990....and still is!

RB
35s5
NY