posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Holy Crap!!!!

The Catalina 28 Interior...

http://www.sailboatowners.com/boats/...a/28salon.jpeg

Why not just pay for a kick in the balls and save some money!!???

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Holy Moley... It Looks Just Like the Interior of the 35s5

Those French *******s copy all of the Cheap American designs!

CM

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
The Catalina 28 Interior...

http://www.sailboatowners.com/boats/...a/28salon.jpeg

Why not just pay for a kick in the balls and save some money!!???

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

This....
http://www.sailboatowners.com/boats/...a/28salon.jpeg

Looks like this????
http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3.../slides/20.JPG

You sure know boats, Mooron! How's that shabby interior on your Nordica
holding up? Finish the refit?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Capt. Rob wrote:
This....
http://www.sailboatowners.com/boats/...a/28salon.jpeg

Looks like this????
http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3.../slides/20.JPG

You sure know boats, Mooron! How's that shabby interior on your Nordica
holding up? Finish the refit?

RB
35s5
NY

Pretty much. One is a better photo and the boat is a little bigger but
they are pretty much the same.

Beneteau and Catalina and Hunter are all in the same league basically.
ompare the 28 foot Bene and you won't see much difference or the 35 foot
Catalina and Hunter. They are all mid price production boats with
little to tell them apart. Even the dealers work hard to find real
differences as selling points.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Beneteau and Catalina and Hunter are all in the same league basically.
ompare the 28 foot Bene and you won't see much difference or the 35
foot
Catalina and Hunter. They are all mid price production boats with
little to tell them apart. Even the dealers work hard to find real
differences as selling points.

It's really amazing that folks like Gary have the guts to yap about
boats they never sailed and probably never even stepped aboard. Even
sadder is the comment about dealers. What dealer has a hard time
telling the differences between Catalina and Beneteau First series?
The first clue that they are not the same is that the First series are
substantially faster. Catalina makes nothing like them. They don't look
alike, and they certainly don't sail alike. Gary suggests that the
Philip Stark interior with it's curved surfaces, deco coach liner and
honeycomb bulkheads is in the same league. I would hope that a dealer
would know that the Beneteau's are better sailing boats, even today.
But in the case of my 35s5, did you know that it cost 40K more than a
Catalina 36 new? Did you know that it was priced slightly higher than
Tartans and Sabres in 1990? Not only has Catalina and Hunter never
built a boat like the 35s5, but the new First series boats will also
outsail any Catalina or Hunter by a wide margin.
What dealer doesn't know this? What dealer doesn't know about the
chainplate arrangement on a Beneteau? Rod rigging? Fractional rigs? The
unique hunter rigs? The Beneteau solid hulls? Gary must meet some
ignorant dealers...and they appear to be teaching him well.

RB
35s5...former owner of a Catalina..when I didn't know any better.
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito

"Capt. Rob" wrote
Looks like this????
http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3.../slides/20.JPG

Nope, Cat looks better to me but hard to tell cuz of the poor photography.
What's the big chrome tube in the middle, a vent for the holding tank?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Vito

"Capt. Rob" wrote
The first clue that they are not the same is that the First series are
substantially faster.

What do you consider "substantially faster"? 20 kts faster? Why quibble over a
2 or 3 knot difference when a swimming pig is faster than either one? Jeeeze a
big-assed bird farm can do 50 for weeks on end.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Nope, Cat looks better to me but hard to tell cuz of the poor
photography.
What's the big chrome tube in the middle, a vent for the holding tank?

Bwahahahahahaha! He's probably serious! Meanwhile it's good to see some
folks prefer carpeting in their boats like Vito!
Oh, and a pig swims at about 2 MPH maximum, so add that to the long
long list of things you nothing about...just like boats!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Think of the interior of Flash Gordon's rocketship.

You can think of the exterior too!

Emporer Ming

"Vito" wrote in message
"Capt. Rob" wrote
Looks like this????
http://www.floridaboats.net/images/3.../slides/20.JPG

Nope, Cat looks better to me but hard to tell cuz of the poor photography.
What's the big chrome tube in the middle, a vent for the holding tank?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Capt. Rob wrote:

It's really amazing that folks like Gary have the guts to yap about
boats they never sailed and probably never even stepped aboard.

Sure, I've never ridden in a Ford or Chev either.
Even
sadder is the comment about dealers. What dealer has a hard time
telling the differences between Catalina and Beneteau First series?

It easy, they have the brand on the side. Try from a couple hundred yards.
The first clue that they are not the same is that the First series are
substantially faster.

Catalina makes nothing like them.
Debatable.
They don't look
alike, and they certainly don't sail alike. Gary suggests that the
Philip Stark interior with it's curved surfaces, deco coach liner and
honeycomb bulkheads is in the same league.

Tacky. Trailer park. Common. They all have curved surfaces. Honeycomb
started with Rangers and Soverels back in the mid 70s.
I would hope that a dealer
would know that the Beneteau's are better sailing boats, even today.

Debatable.
But in the case of my 35s5, did you know that it cost 40K more than a
Catalina 36 new?

My quick research (which you can duplicate) on Yacht World:
All Catalinas, Hunters and Beneteaus between 34 and 36 feet and 1990
-1992 indicated these price ranges:
Catalina: $21k - $94K
Hunter: $49k - $85k
Beneteau: $59k -$129k (all the beneteaus over $88k were the Oceanus
series starting with the 350) The 35s5 ranged from $60k - $88k
Did you know that it was priced slightly higher than
Tartans and Sabres in 1990?

There were only two Tartans in my search $79k and $114k, and one Sabre
at $119k. There were dozens of benehuntalinas!
Not only has Catalina and Hunter never
built a boat like the 35s5, but the new First series boats will also
outsail any Catalina or Hunter by a wide margin.
What dealer doesn't know this? What dealer doesn't know about the
chainplate arrangement on a Beneteau? Rod rigging? Fractional rigs? The
unique hunter rigs? The Beneteau solid hulls? Gary must meet some
ignorant dealers...and they appear to be teaching him well.

RB
35s5...former owner of a Catalina..when I didn't know any better.
NY

Gaz
Without any nasty comments. Just facts.
Catalina 27 - the most popular boat in the world. Over 7000 built and
they have even circumnavigated!

Holy Batman - 37% !!! Gorf General 0 October 7th 05 10:28 PM
Holy Batman - 37% !!! Gorf General 0 October 7th 05 03:10 PM