posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Is your boat JUNK?

1) If your boat has no swim platform...great for a dinghys, swimming,
family fun and diving...you own JUNK!!!!!!!

2) If your boat is 30 feet LOA or bigger and has a PHRF above
170....you own slow JUNK!!!!!

3) If your boat has bunks 6'6 or shorter you own badly designed
JUNK!!!!!

4) If your boat is 30 feet LOA or larger and lacks a proper aft cabin
you own dated JUNK!!!!

5) If your boat has a puny wheel sized like the one on a Express 30 or
35 you own JUNK!

6) If your boat has a poorly fit interior with a design from 1975, you
own JUNK!!!!

7) If your boat has a tiny head with no room you own JUNK!!!!

8) If your boat's lazerette can't handle a 10' foot dinghy, 5 sail bags
without using half the space you own JUNK!!!!

Let's face it. Most of you are frauds. You bought cheap crappy boats
(Sloco). Or you caved and bought a Trawler (Doug). Or you gave up and
bought a cat (Jeff). Or you own some slow slug-like beast that can't
sail out it's own way and needs a bow thruster to tack.

You own JUNK!!! Who's fault is that? Why didn't you buy something nicer
or faster or bigger? Why didn't you seek out a better quality boat? Is
this the end for your life of sailing, aboard some dated dodo of a
boat?

RB
35s5...part of our steady curve upward to a boat you'll only dream of
owning...Wait! We have that now!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
J Beck

Of course it is, it's a Macgregor, just ask anyone
Have a great Holiday!!!
JB
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

If your boat is 30 feet LOA or bigger and can't seem to finish a race
ahead of a boat with a PHRF rating of 170....you own slow JUNK!!!!!

35s5 ....... always at the end of the pack.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

If your boat is 30 feet LOA or bigger and can't seem to finish a race
ahead of a boat with a PHRF rating of 170....you own slow JUNK!!!!!

And yet my 35s5 BEAT the Express 35 boat for boat!!!!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Imagine what a wooping I'd give the even slower
Depress 30!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Yes, imagine. You seem to do quite a bit of that.

Sorry, Stevie. I posted the link where the Express 35 lost boat for
boat to the 35s5 and the Express is rated faster! Whaaaaa happened????

Bwahahahahahahhahahahaha!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

****, there were about 50 posts of 35s5s finishing at the tail end of
the fleet that started 5 minutes after the 35s5.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
dog

1) If your boat has no swim platform...great for a dinghys, swimming,
family fun and diving...you own JUNK!!!!!!!

Most swim platforms aren't big enough for a real dinghy, and are
actually quite dangerous in anything but a flat, glass-like sea state.

3) If your boat has bunks 6'6 or shorter you own badly designed
JUNK!!!!!

Depends on what you need. I'm only 5'4", so why would I care to own
bunks a foot longer than I am tall... I'd rather have more storage
space than longer bunks. In fact, when on open ocean, large bunks,
like those found on a Bennie 35s5, are often uncomfortable and
dangerous... too much room means you can't secure yourself in rough
conditions. But since you rarely leave the LI Sound, or the dock for
that matter, it probably isn't important to you. What you have/want is
a floating condo, rather than a proper sailboat.

4) If your boat is 30 feet LOA or larger and lacks a proper aft cabin
you own dated JUNK!!!!

Aft cabins can be good, but some are quite poorly implemented. Center
cockpits can be problematic with efficient steering gear.

5) If your boat has a puny wheel sized like the one on a Express 30 or
35 you own JUNK!

Some wheels are oversized because the steering system is poorly
designed, and because of the poor design, a larger wheel is needed to
give you leverage. I personally prefer a tiller. It is more
responsive, and takes up far less room in the cockpit.

7) If your boat has a tiny head with no room you own JUNK!!!!

If you're full of enough sh!t, then the largest head will not have
enough room for you.

8) If your boat's lazerette can't handle a 10' foot dinghy, 5 sail bags
without using half the space you own JUNK!!!!

Again, this is all quite subjective.

Let's face it. Most of you are frauds. You bought cheap crappy boats
(Sloco). Or you caved and bought a Trawler (Doug). Or you gave up and
bought a cat (Jeff). Or you own some slow slug-like beast that can't
sail out it's own way and needs a bow thruster to tack.

What is fraudulent about a catamaran. For some sailing, a multihull
makes far more sense than a monohull. In most cases, the cost of the
boat, the size of the boat, the finish of the furnishings on the boat
have very little to do with the quality of the person sailing the boat.
For someone who has to scream so often about how good your boat is, I
must wonder, what kind of sailor you truly are.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Serious racers want to win regattas. Individual races are not so
important.

Sorry, Jeff. You can't sell that phony bill of goods here, even if the
resident dopes want to back you. NO racer enters any race and tosses it
or takes it lightly. Most are pretty serious folks racing at 7 MPH on
average and want every win. It's 100% hillarious that you claim
otherwise, but then most of what you say is pretty funny....however
unintentionally.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

For some sailing, a multihull
makes far more sense than a monohull.

Yup. For sitting dockside, doing a good mimic of a small motel, a multi
is great. The few we have at our club do exactly that.

RB
35s5
NY