posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default 35s5 and Rolex Cup Regata

Rolex Cup Regata: Results
Class I Honors, Jib and Main Racing, went to Carlos Sierra's Marlyn II
from Humacao, Puerto Rico, Mistral, a Beneteau 35s5 owned by Carson
Smith from Dallas, TX.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rolex Cup Regata: Results
Class I Honors, Jib and Main Racing, went to Carlos Sierra's Marlyn II
from Humacao, Puerto Rico, Mistral, a Beneteau 35s5 owned by Carson
Smith from Dallas, TX.

RB
35s5
NY

35s5 Mistral. You'll see that boat has been in many, many races under
several owners. It's about time it won one.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Bob Crantz wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rolex Cup Regata: Results
Class I Honors, Jib and Main Racing, went to Carlos Sierra's Marlyn II
from Humacao, Puerto Rico, Mistral, a Beneteau 35s5 owned by Carson
Smith from Dallas, TX.

RB
35s5
NY

35s5 Mistral. You'll see that boat has been in many, many races under
several owners. It's about time it won one.

That was the 2000 Rolex Cup, and it was second place in the non-chute
division. I wonder if its the same boat.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Jeff" wrote in message
Bob Crantz wrote:
"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...
Rolex Cup Regata: Results
Class I Honors, Jib and Main Racing, went to Carlos Sierra's Marlyn II
from Humacao, Puerto Rico, Mistral, a Beneteau 35s5 owned by Carson
Smith from Dallas, TX.

RB
35s5
NY

35s5 Mistral. You'll see that boat has been in many, many races under
several owners. It's about time it won one.

That was the 2000 Rolex Cup, and it was second place in the non-chute
division. I wonder if its the same boat.

I saw that too. Admittedly, the boat is capable of being fast with a capable
skipper. It's an extension of the skipper.

With RB it's another story, he hopes that he is an extension of the boat.
It's the classic Don Knotts mentality. Just because he has a gun, badge and
access to a bullet doesn't make him man enough to be sheriff.

Robby hangs around the marina. In person I'm sure he's personable and
helpful. He does a few favors and they let him do some marina work (both
real and pretend). He can talk the talk dockside, but can't walk the walk on
the water. 90% of boaters are recreational come and go types. The ones who
put more into it don't come into contact with Robbie much and when they do,
they quickly size him up and move on.

He's just here to get back at the people he envies, such as real sailors
like you Jeff, people who love their boats like Scotty, people who live by
their own hand like Loco, etc.

It drives him crazy that he doesn't know what boat I own and where I keep
it. Cranes, black bouys all drive him crazy. Perhaps I should tell him about
my radio direction finding set up.

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Bob Crantz wrote:

[...]

I think you have him sized up perfectly.

Its amazing that your posting a few poor finishes have driven him to
scour the web looking for Bene wins, and then all he can find are 5
year old second place finishes! And a single race win by a boat that
was in last place just showed he had never actually completed in any
regatta!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Bob Crantz" wrote

Robby hangs around the marina. In person I'm sure he's

personable and
helpful. He does a few favors and they let him do some marina

work (both
real and pretend).

They probably got him to paint the crane, er, I mean Travel;
Lift.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Class I Honors, Jib and Main Racing.

So the guy just drove around the race course and beat a few slower
boats.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I saw that too. Admittedly, the boat is capable of being fast with a
capable
skipper. It's an extension of the skipper.

You mean a fast boat won't go her fastest without human help? Without
some skill? You mean I bought a boat that won't sail fast on it's own
like....like....ummmmm....like uhhhhh, oh yeah....Doug's Trawler!
You guys are so dumb it's friggin hilarious! I've now posted three
times as many wins and good positions for the 35s5 as Crantz and there
are very few in the country. I can find far more last place finishes
for J Boats and Mumms....I wonder why? Could be because there are LOTS
of them?
You guys!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha! Jeff will never get over that he said
we bought a good boat and I didn't return the favor! He'll never get
over admitting I had a fast boat, then saying he uses a dinghy for
sailing fun and his boat was overkill. Jeff, you screwed you own pooch,
got scared he might be pregnant and drowned him in the kiddie pool!!!
And everyone knows it.

(Bob, note that in the end a master troller will single out the weakest
member of a group. In this case, it's Jeff. Sloco always rides coat
tails and I've got your MO down. Like Penn and Teller, I've opted for
full disclosure for my technique, yet everyone still loves the
"magic.")

RB
35s5....the best boat by a mile...and fastest!
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

(Bob, note that in the end a master troller will single out the weakest
member of a group. In this case, it's Jeff. Sloco always rides coat
tails

Just the reverse of fighting single handed against a gang. Pick the leader
first and the rest run.

and I've got your MO down.

Better yet, I'll make certain you know what it is:

Attack your weak points.

Like Penn and Teller, I've opted for
full disclosure for my technique, yet everyone still loves the
"magic.")

It's not magic, it's "art".

Amen!

RB
35s5....the best boat by a mile...and fastest!

Only when compared to boat you know about.

NY