posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Default The Comparison...

4 feet longer waterline lenght and only .5kt faster!!
The 35s5 can't self right..... once it's over it's done!!
Nordica 30 is more comfortable!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!

Performance Comparison LOA Nordica 30 29.49

Beneteau First 35s5 36.62

LWL Nordica 30 25

Beneteau First 35s5 29.68

Beam Nordica 30 9.77

Beneteau First 35s5 11.98

Displacement Nordica 30 10220

Beneteau First 35s5 11886

Sail Area Nordica 30 502

Beneteau First 35s5 756

Capsize Ratio Nordica 30 1.8

Beneteau First 35s5 2.1

Hull Speed Nordica 30 6.7

Beneteau First 35s5 7.3

Sail Area to Displacement Nordica 30 17.06

Beneteau First 35s5 23.22

Displacement to LWL Nordica 30 292

Beneteau First 35s5 203

LWL to Beam Nordica 30 2.56

Beneteau First 35s5 2.48

Motion Comfort Nordica 30 28.57

Beneteau First 35s5 21

Pounds/Inch Nordica 30 873

Beneteau First 35s5 1270

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

Kinda spells it out don't it? Bob's boat ain't that hot and it's cheap
light plastic.
I wonder how it compares to an Express 30??

I mean really... it's 5 feet longer and supposedly richly appointed... but
only weighs in at 1700lbs more than the Nordica....... veneer and
honeycomb... yup that's "Rich"!!!

Ha ha ha ha

CM

"Capt.Mooron" wrote in message
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff

Hey Cap! As I've said, the SA for the Benny is grossly overstated
here. And the "hull speed" is purely a function of the waterline
length. Even booby know these things.

Capt.Mooron wrote:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Hey Cap! As I've said, the SA for the Benny is grossly overstated
here.

A lot of European manufactures used to use a 150% genny for calculating
SA for their brochures and spec sheets because they were undercanvased
for the US market. Using a 150% for the brochure was easier and
cheaper than making the boat available with 2 rigs. One which would
have been proper for the U.S.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

A lot of European manufactures used to use a 150% genny for calculating

SA for their brochures and spec sheets because they were undercanvased
for the US market.

Really, Sloco? Do you think that's the case with the 35s5? What about
for the polars? How would it benefit a builder to use a 150% for polars
vs. a 100% for optimum pointing?
Anyone think Sloco can answer ANY of these?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Really, Sloco? Do you think that's the case with the 35s5? What
about
for the polars? How would it benefit a builder to use a 150% for polars

vs. a 100% for optimum pointing?
Anyone think Sloco can answer ANY of these?

Well, maybe you could educate me here. Most boats that I've been on
point equally with a #1 or a #3. The sail that usually falls short in
pointing ability is a #2. A sail that falls in the 135% range. I'll
let you make a fool out of yourself now.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Well, maybe you could educate me here. Most boats that I've been on
point equally with a #1 or a #3. The sail that usually falls short in
pointing ability is a #2.

Notice How Sloco couldn't answer the question, folks? I asked him how a
builder would benefit from using a 150% in polars...with no mention of
conditions BTW!
Sloco knows boats!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Gary

Capt.Mooron wrote:
[...]

The hull speed is misleading. I drive a 102' boat and hull speed is 10
or so, (66' waterline). It's theoretical anyway. The Bennie would
right itself but not nearly as quickly as the Nordica. The comfort
numbers are interesting. I wonder what the AVS is for the Bennie? I
bet its around 120, pretty low. That means it would have to roll 60
degrees before it wanted to come back up!
The Bennie looks like it would be the quicker of the two but the Nordica
sure has it on seakeeping.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Gary" wrote in message

The hull speed is misleading. I drive a 102' boat and hull speed is 10 or
so, (66' waterline). It's theoretical anyway. The Bennie would right
itself but not nearly as quickly as the Nordica. The comfort numbers are
interesting. I wonder what the AVS is for the Bennie? I bet its around
120, pretty low. That means it would have to roll 60 degrees before it
wanted to come back up!
The Bennie looks like it would be the quicker of the two but the Nordica
sure has it on seakeeping.

Without a doubt Gary... but the object when discussing boats with Bob is
just "long cocking" at the bar..... and he's a shrimp dick! :-)

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Sail Area to Displacement Beneteau First 35s5 23.22

Is that number with a std. 100% jib or a 150%? Most boats are measured
with a 100%.