posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Default Nordica 30: Poopy Ka Ka Krab Krusher

More comments from a certain Nordica 30 owner...

"Some modifications were done to allow access to all areas of the hull
as well to the factory installed scupper drains which are woefully too
small (1/2 inch) to be of any use."

Well, well...a sea boat that doesn't even have basic proper drainage.

"The factory supplied Volvo / 17 hp diesel was replaced with a new 27
hp Yanmar."

Ya damn right you replaced it. 17HP for all that weight and wetted
surface? Of course it went south.

But still...my favorite, from the man himself....

"The woodwork inside is not always of the best workmanship and is a
common problem with all Nordicas."

!!!!!Hahahahahaha!!!! And while we're at it....here's another,
ahem...wonderful interior shot of a Nordica 30...

http://www.nordicaboats.com/assets/i...30-4-L-opt.jpg

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
More comments from a certain Nordica 30 owner...

"Some modifications were done to allow access to all areas of the hull

Bob... you can't get to all areas of your hull on the 35s5!

as well to the factory installed scupper drains which are woefully too
small (1/2 inch) to be of any use."

The cockpit scuppers for the seating area and the deck scuppers to drain
rain water. The actual cockpit drains are 2".

Well, well...a sea boat that doesn't even have basic proper drainage.

Sure it does.... I wasn't satisfied with the bench drains.

"The factory supplied Volvo / 17 hp diesel was replaced with a new 27
hp Yanmar."

Heh.. it's a volvo... what do you expect?! It's a POS. Heavy and prone to
failure with extremely high parts costs and long waiting lists. I told you
already that I sailed for a year with no engine at all. Then I put in the
Yanmar.

Ya damn right you replaced it. 17HP for all that weight and wetted
surface? Of course it went south.

Nope.. I could have replaced with a 2 cylinder but I wanted the enclosed
cooling system.

But still...my favorite, from the man himself....

"The woodwork inside is not always of the best workmanship and is a
common problem with all Nordicas."

Well consider that I actually have wood... while all you have is plastic and
veneer.

!!!!!Hahahahahaha!!!! And while we're at it....here's another,
ahem...wonderful interior shot of a Nordica 30...

http://www.nordicaboats.com/assets/i...30-4-L-opt.jpg

Shameful I know.... only an American would do that to a boat..... paint
wood white!!!! No wonder he can't sell it!

Of the dozen Nordica 30 owners I know..... all have had their vessels for
at least 8 years and none are looking to sell. I have offers on mine every
year. They don't come up for sale very often and usually only the worst of
the lot are listed.

In other words Bob... more people want to purchase a Nordica 30 than there
are vessels available. I was offered 65k last year without survey, as is
where is..... didn't even consider it. I couldn't replace that boat. Your
vessel however is readily available and easily replaced.

CM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Capt.Mooron" wrote

In other words Bob... more people want to purchase a Nordica 30

than there
are vessels available.

MacGregor sells every 26X they make, every year There's even
waiting lists to buy one.

SV