posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default What does Dr Laura sail?

"Seahag" wrote in message

"rgnmstr" wrote:
I remember you saying one time that you parked there.
Didn't know you
worked there. Does Bob still own "Stingray"

I worked there part time for 2 1/2 years...I still do a bit
now and again, but Mr.H wants to retire in a couple of years
so I'm working full time on our boat now. Bob still has
Stingray

Is that the one with all the carbon fibre and the lifting rudder
that I went aboard ?

Scotty

and Pamlico as well as a couple of small boats. He
donated Valkyrie to Hospice recently. It was a great
workout! We did 35 (thereabouts) of the J105 keels!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

No lifting rudder or carbon fibre in a Merit 28.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"rgnmstr" wrote:
Stingray is a Merit 28 in disguise. I always had the hots
to own one.
The first owner of Stingray had the deck replaced with a
Santana 30/30
deck that he bought new from the factory. I heard he did
the swap just
because he didn't like the looks of the Merit deck. A real
case of
someone with too many dollars and no sense.

I didn't know that, I'll have to ask Bobby about it. He
doesn't race it much, it's sort of "The Girl's" boat now.
They did put a different keel on it several years ago...so I
guess it's another Muller original!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"Scotty" wrote:

"Seahag" wrote:

"rgnmstr" wrote:
I remember you saying one time that you parked there.
Didn't know you
worked there. Does Bob still own "Stingray"

I worked there part time for 2 1/2 years...I still do a
bit
now and again, but Mr.H wants to retire in a couple of
years
so I'm working full time on our boat now. Bob still has
Stingray

Is that the one with all the carbon fibre and the lifting
rudder
that I went aboard ?

That's Pamlico, an Andrews 38. Pretty kewl, huh?

Seahag

and Pamlico as well as a couple of small boats. He
donated Valkyrie to Hospice recently. It was a great
workout! We did 35 (thereabouts) of the J105 keels!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"Seahag" wrote

so I'm working full time on our boat now. Bob still has
Stingray

Is that the one with all the carbon fibre and the lifting
rudder
that I went aboard ?

That's Pamlico, an Andrews 38. Pretty kewl, huh?

Well, I had a 50/50 shot. Yes, that is a cool boat.

Scotty

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

Here's what Stingray should look like.

http://www.advancedwater.com/falcon/falcon.htm

By the way, I almost forgot. I have Stingray's original windows in my
garage. I salvaged them from the deck when the work was being done
thinking someday they would be spares for my 28 if I were to buy one.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"rgnmstr" wrote:
Here's what Stingray should look like.

http://www.advancedwater.com/falcon/falcon.htm

By the way, I almost forgot. I have Stingray's original
windows in my
garage. I salvaged them from the deck when the work was
being done
thinking someday they would be spares for my 28 if I were
to buy one.

That's different! So how do you know all this stuff about
Stingray?

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
rgnmstr

That's different! So how do you know all this stuff about
Stingray?

I used to own a Merit 22 and have always been a fan of Merits and MORC
boats. When Merit introduced the 28 and one came to the bay I
casually followed it's racing career. The original owner took it to
the MORC Internationals a few times and had a top finish of 2nd place.
The sad thing is that Merit went out of business after only producing a
couple of the 28s. Up until that time the company had been very
successful producing 1150 25 footers and almost 700 22 footers over the
course of a few years. Rumor was ... the owner of Merit Boats had a
personal problem and spent all the profits.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag

"rgnmstr" wrote:

[...]

I asked Bob about it last night. He said they'd built the
original deck with a bunch of rule cheater stuff so the boat
was illegal right from the start, thus the Santana deck.

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Seahag wrote:
That's Pamlico, an Andrews 38. Pretty kewl, huh?

Sounds very cool, all right.

DSK

Sailing Boom Brake - Vangs - Sail shapes +more links Mic Cruising 0 November 6th 05 03:32 PM
Fine-Tuning the Roller-Reefing System Mic Cruising 12 November 4th 05 02:04 AM
Halloween Sail Scotty ASA 2 November 1st 05 10:51 PM
Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM