Capt. Rob

Default Hope Springs Eternal

I don't have a nicer boat than you?
My wife isn't both younger and more beautiful than yours?
I don't have more money and potential than you?
I don't get to sail more?
I don't have many more friends than you?
I don't have more education and class than you?

Oh, the above is the basis of all Doug, Loco's, Scotty's, John's and
Bart's hopes and dreams. They actually sweat over what I have and hope
somehow that I have less! Can you imagine to base your existance on
such concerns? Of course the above list is exactly the case; I do have
more, enjoy more and relish the sophistication and education to
appreciate it. I don't have to belittle the likes of Doug or Loco to
raise some imaginary bar of achievment, but I do it anyway because it's
damn fun!
They try to do it (and fail each time) because they're looking back at
wasted years and wondering why they didn't do differently...or better.
The answer is that they were weak and I've been strong. I have suffered
from a long term illness and still did better than these saps. My boat
is in their hopes and dreams....and once owned by me, settled well into
their jealous nightmares!
Yes, it's all true. Doug, you ended up with a Trawler..though sailing
is what you truly want. Loco, you ended up with a dated tired racer.
John...A lowly Catalina 28 must depress you greatly when you see a
sleek speedy cruiser like mine! Bart's boat just needs a few more
parts...what a shame. Keep working on her, then sell her to pay for
wheelchair parts at your home.
To acquire you must aspire. To achieve you must believe. Being jealous
of me earns you nothing. It does bring me laughs!

Only 11 days until the 35s5!

Robert B
35s5...the quick and the fun!
NY