Capt. Neal®

Default Lots of tidal range in the Grand Tetons?????

Check out the tidal range onshore in this pic. Amazing!

http://www.macgregor26.com/photo_gal...wide_large.jpg
~^ beancounter ~^

its about to blow, ya know......that title surge should
make it easy for haul outs and doin' bottom
work...the teaton's make a hell of a backdrop
for photos...fly fishin' ain't half bad either in the
park....but, my fav area is the hot springs....

Bart Senior

Summer Evaporation. Nothing "Tidal" about it.

"Capt. Neal®" wrote

Check out the tidal range onshore in this pic. Amazing!

http://www.macgregor26.com/photo_gal...wide_large.jpg

Clutch Cargo

I've climbed almost every peak in that picture. The Grand has almost 7,000
foot relief.

Clutch

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
Check out the tidal range onshore in this pic. Amazing!

http://www.macgregor26.com/photo_gal...wide_large.jpg

Capt. Neal®

"Clutch Cargo" wrote in message .net...
| I've climbed almost every peak in that picture. The Grand has almost 7,000
| foot relief.
|
| Clutch

That's some rugged looking country side. Those peaks must be well above the tree line as
they look bare of any vegetation. Must make you feel small on those mountains.

CN

| "Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
| Check out the tidal range onshore in this pic. Amazing!
|

| http://www.macgregor26.com/photo_gal...wide_large.jpg

~^ beancounter ~^

i went through the exum (sp?) climbing
schol there...thats a hoot...the peaks are
great for climbing and photography.....

Clutch Cargo

Treeline is about 10,000ft. We once got almost three feet of snow in early
July, ruined a trip. I've climbed past a wrecked airliner on the NE Ridge of
Mt Moran. There were still skeletal remains about.
The Tetons are newer mountains from a block fault, so they are very steep.
They're big but Canada has even bigger (not taller) ones. It's a bit of work
to climb them, it keeps you young and lets you know when you're getting old.

Clutch

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
t...

"Clutch Cargo" wrote in message

.net...
| I've climbed almost every peak in that picture. The Grand has almost

7,000
| foot relief.
|
| Clutch

That's some rugged looking country side. Those peaks must be well above

the tree line as
they look bare of any vegetation. Must make you feel small on those

mountains.

CN

| "Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
| Check out the tidal range onshore in this pic. Amazing!

http://www.macgregor26.com/photo_gal...wide_large.jpg

~^ beancounter ~^

that's no lie........it sure is a beautiful spot, and
being right "down the raod" from yellowstone
is nice.....

"It's a bit of work to climb them, it keeps you
young and lets you know when you're getting old."

~^ beancounter ~^

i am sad to report i have not climed long's...it is
right in my back yard, and i see it every day...it
is "on my list" of things to do!!.....long's is more
of a hike than a climb, right?...i mean, there are
no techinacal aspects...such as the teatons ....