Capt. Rob

Default Ping: Mooron

Hey, Dude....Nikon just released the 10.2 MP D200 DSLR for 1700 bucks
and it's a killer camera. If you were holding out for a more capable
DSLR that didn't cost 5 grand, this is it. I'm waiting to try one, but
more than likely I'll buy one around Xmas. It should be stunning with
the 70-200VR lens. Go to DPreview.com to read about it.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/parkbaby2.jpg

I'll keep my D70 for backup and maybe make it the boat camera along
with my 28-200.

RB
35s5....the best performing boat on Alt.Sailing.Asa
NY

Joe

RB
35s5....the best performing boat on Alt.Sailing.Asa

Bwahahahahahaaaahgahahahahaaa yeah right!

Joe

Capt. Rob

35s5....the best performing boat on Alt.Sailing.Asa

Bwahahahahahaaaahgahahahahaaa yeah right!

Happens to be a fact. True, someone might have a faster boat, but
overall performance is more than just speed. The 35s5 is the best
rocket in this group!

RB
35s5
NY

Capt. Rob

Bwaaahahhahahahahhahahahahahaa!

Laughing doesn't change the facts! Feel free to post a pic of your
racer/cruiser that is a better performing boat!

RB

John Cairns

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
.. The 35s5 is the best
rocket in this group!

RB
35s5
NY

Bwahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahaha.
You need to do some racing, might stop you from making such dumb****
statements.
A 35 ft. sailboat with a 126 rating is not a rocket.
Here's a freebie. If you do decide to do some racing next season, and you
belly up to the bar at the YC and make a statement like that when the racers
are there, they'll laugh at you. Now don't say I never did anything for you.

John Cairns

John Cairns

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 23:41:48 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
groups.com...
. The 35s5 is the best
rocket in this group!

RB
35s5
NY

Bwahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahaha.
You need to do some racing, might stop you from making such dumb****
statements.
A 35 ft. sailboat with a 126 rating is not a rocket.

It's not a slug, for a cruiser/racer, but you are correct that it's no
where
near being any sort of rocket. A Mumm 36, (which may have also been built
by
Beneteau) has a PHRF of what? 46?

Ah, it is a slug. Beneteau's current offering in this size, the 36.7, a
racer/cruiser (Farr designed, btw), has a rating in the low 70's, 75 in
this area, in fact.
Yeah, Beneteau built the Mumm 36. And? If your aunt had balls she'd be your
uncle. Farr didn't design the 35s5, and Beneteau didn't design the Mumm 36.

John Cairns

John Cairns

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:07:01 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

"Captain Joe Redcloud" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 23:41:48 GMT, "John Cairns"
wrote:

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
legroups.com...
. The 35s5 is the best
rocket in this group!

RB
35s5
NY

Bwahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahaha.
You need to do some racing, might stop you from making such dumb****
statements.
A 35 ft. sailboat with a 126 rating is not a rocket.

It's not a slug, for a cruiser/racer, but you are correct that it's no
where
near being any sort of rocket. A Mumm 36, (which may have also been
built
by
Beneteau) has a PHRF of what? 46?

Ah, it is a slug. Beneteau's current offering in this size, the 36.7, a
racer/cruiser (Farr designed, btw), has a rating in the low 70's, 75 in
this area, in fact.

That does not make it a slug. Are you really that unsophisticated?

Yeah, Beneteau built the Mumm 36. And? If your aunt had balls she'd be
your
uncle. Farr didn't design the 35s5, and Beneteau didn't design the Mumm
36.

And your point?

Gee, I wasn't the one that mentioned the Mumm, which does dovetail very
nicely into the 36.7, another Farr design, which is arguably not a slug.
I would ask you what your point was, but it appears that you don't have one,
as evidenced by your no-archive in google. No sense having your words come
back to bite you, eh sport?
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Bwahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahah a

John Cairns

Captain Joe Redcloud
bubbles closet
anywhere
anytime

Ping Thom. Peter Wiley ASA 27 November 1st 05 08:04 AM
Ping..........ping.................ping........... *JimH* General 0 October 30th 05 09:33 PM
Ping Doug! Capt. Rob ASA 0 October 26th 05 08:44 PM
Ping: JIMinFL Eisboch General 0 October 18th 05 07:45 PM
Ping: Shortwave Eisboch General 0 October 18th 05 07:37 PM