John Cairns

Default Culled from uk.rec.sailing

http://tinyurl.com/8pqob

Brave or crazy or just plain dumb?

John Cairns

Donal

"John Cairns" wrote in message
. ..
http://tinyurl.com/8pqob

Brave or crazy or just plain dumb?

Brave AND crazy. It's the sort of stuff that the British Empire was built
on!

Compare, and contrast to Bush's actions in Iraq, which are crazy AND dumb.

Regards

Donal

Capt. JG

I'd rather fight the British. We're better at it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

. ..

"Donal" wrote in message

"John Cairns" wrote in message
. ..
http://tinyurl.com/8pqob

Brave or crazy or just plain dumb?

Brave AND crazy. It's the sort of stuff that the British Empire was
built
on!

Compare, and contrast to Bush's actions in Iraq, which are crazy AND
dumb.

Regards

Donal

Capt. JG

I was thinking the current British. Definitely, we need to stay the hell
away from the Canadians! Besides, I saw the movie.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

.. .

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I'd rather fight the British. We're better at it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

. ..

"Donal" wrote in message

"John Cairns" wrote in message
. ..
http://tinyurl.com/8pqob

Brave or crazy or just plain dumb?

Brave AND crazy. It's the sort of stuff that the British Empire was
built
on!

Compare, and contrast to Bush's actions in Iraq, which are crazy AND
dumb.

Regards

Donal

Donal

"jlrogers" wrote in message
. ..
One never really knows until he meets it face to face, but I think I'd
rather fight towel heads for a year than a hurricane, in a 14 foot boat,
for a week.

I wonder whether you are underestimating the "towel heads'" fighting
abilities, or your own sailing abilities!!

Perhaps the truth is that you wouldn't like to do either.

Regards

Donal

Joe

Why do you have to politicalize everything up Donal?

Most people do not cross during hurricane season, why did he ?

I like the line "In the dark I could see little of the waves apart from
plumes of white, high above, like ghost horses galloping down on me."

Now if he was a United States Navy Seal, he would of made it without a
problem.

Joe

John Cairns

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why do you have to politicalize everything up Donal?

Most people do not cross during hurricane season, why did he ?

I like the line "In the dark I could see little of the waves apart from
plumes of white, high above, like ghost horses galloping down on me."

Now if he was a United States Navy Seal, he would of made it without a
problem.

Joe

Joe, Americans haven't excelled at solo sailing since Joshua Slocum.

John Cairns