Donal

Default OH, NOOO, MISTER BILL!!!!!

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
I don't get this... people seem to be obsessed with how far or on what

boat
someone else sails.

It seems rather unimportant to me.

Well .. it would seem unimportant to you. I would guess that you don't
usually leave the protective environment of the Bay.

Why would anyone keep
track of this sort of thing unless you're crossing a large body of water

and
need to know your position?

If you want to get a formal qualification over here, then you need to be
able to prove that you have a certain number of seamiles under your belt.

The point seems to be to get out on the water,
not to keep measuring distance as though it was the size of some part of
your anatomy that you're insecure about.

I assume that you don't take your customers very far???? Aren't they
dissappointed?

Regards

Donal

Capt. JG

Hey Dummy, I mean Donal, my captain's license is for near coastal, which
means I had enough time beyond the demarcation line to qualify. In order to
renew it, I have to sail beyond that line on a regular basis.

FYI, I live over here not over there.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Donal" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
[...]

Donal

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Hey Dummy, I mean Donal, my captain's license is for near coastal,

What the heck is "near coastal"? That sounds like a very basic
qualification to me!
Over here, you need a proper qualification before you can take fare paying
customers for a sail.

which
means I had enough time beyond the demarcation line to qualify. In order

renew it, I have to sail beyond that line on a regular basis.

That sounds easy, doesn't it?

FYI, I live over here not over there.

You live in the "New World" .. and that is definitely over "there".

Regards

Donal

Jeff

The meaning of "near coastal" varies for different parts of the
country. To get the ticket, one must have 90 full days in the
appropriate zone, and a total of 360 days in all zones. For the East
Coast, it means being at least 12 miles offshore, so you can cruise
the New England coast your entire life and not get a minute of "near
coastal" time. You can cross an ocean and not qualify. The next
rating up is "offshore" which means more than 200 miles. Accumulating
90 days of offshore time is rather difficult for the recreational
sailor. I think the for SF, "near coastal" means outside Golden Gate.

Donal wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Hey Dummy, I mean Donal, my captain's license is for near coastal,

What the heck is "near coastal"? That sounds like a very basic
qualification to me!
Over here, you need a proper qualification before you can take fare paying
customers for a sail.

which
means I had enough time beyond the demarcation line to qualify. In order

renew it, I have to sail beyond that line on a regular basis.

That sounds easy, doesn't it?

FYI, I live over here not over there.

You live in the "New World" .. and that is definitely over "there".

Regards

Donal

Capt. JG

The demarcation line is "A straight line drawn from Point Bonita Light
through Mile Rocks Light to the shore," which is about a mile outside the
Gate. Near Coastal is good for up to 100 miles offshore.

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/mwv/regul...FR80_PCD11.htm

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Donal wrote:
"Capt. JG" wrote in message

Hey Dummy, I mean Donal, my captain's license is for near coastal,

What the heck is "near coastal"? That sounds like a very basic
qualification to me!
Over here, you need a proper qualification before you can take fare
paying
customers for a sail.

which
means I had enough time beyond the demarcation line to qualify. In order

renew it, I have to sail beyond that line on a regular basis.

That sounds easy, doesn't it?

FYI, I live over here not over there.

You live in the "New World" .. and that is definitely over "there".

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Jeff" wrote in message
The meaning of "near coastal" varies for different parts of the
country. To get the ticket, one must have 90 full days in the
appropriate zone,

Are you saying that Jon has spent more than 90 full days(ie 24 hour
periods) outside the "inshore waters" line?

I don't believe it!

Regards

Donal

Capt. JG

You forgot a key question.... Do I care what you think.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Donal" wrote in message

"Jeff" wrote in message
The meaning of "near coastal" varies for different parts of the
country. To get the ticket, one must have 90 full days in the
appropriate zone,

Are you saying that Jon has spent more than 90 full days(ie 24 hour
periods) outside the "inshore waters" line?

I don't believe it!

Regards

Donal

Capt. JG

"Donal" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
Hey Dummy, I mean Donal, my captain's license is for near coastal,

What the heck is "near coastal"? That sounds like a very basic
qualification to me!

I was going to tell you to look it up, but Jeff summerized it pretty well.
For a simpleton such as yourself, I'm sure it does sound very basic.

Over here, you need a proper qualification before you can take fare paying
customers for a sail.

Fortunately, you know nothing about the subject, since you're rather
inexperienced.

which
means I had enough time beyond the demarcation line to qualify. In order

renew it, I have to sail beyond that line on a regular basis.

That sounds easy, doesn't it?

Sure does!

FYI, I live over here not over there.

You live in the "New World" .. and that is definitely over "there".

Well, at least you got something right.

Regards

Donal

"j" ganz @@