Capt. Rob

Default Express 30 Questions?

Why would anyone want an Express 30? A J30 is faster and TWICE the
interior quality. You can also race other J30s with ease.
Why would anyone want an Express 30? The interior is awful for cruising
of any kind and really cheap looking. My C&C 32 was twice the boat.
Why would anyone want an Express 30? She has very harsh boxy lines and
is a nasty looking sailboat.
Why would anyone want an Express 30? It's horribly dated and doesn't
make up for it with any comforts.

RB

rgnmstr

A J30 is faster and TWICE the interior quality.

As usual your wrong whenever you post anything about boats. J30
rates 6 seconds a mile slower than an Express 30. As far as the other
crap ........... quit trolling.

Capt. Rob

As usual your wrong whenever you post anything about boats. J30
rates 6 seconds a mile slower than an Express 30.

Wow!!! A whole six seconds! So in the real world they're about the same
speed...except the J30 has a MUCH nicer interior, proper tiller for a
racer, ability to race other J30s and so on. It also looks better and
is a more versatile boat overall. And J-Boat still exists. You can't
even find a rating for the poor Depress 30 in most places!
Good pick, Loco!

RB

Scotty

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
As usual your wrong whenever you post anything about boats.

J30
rates 6 seconds a mile slower than an Express 30.

Wow!!! A whole six seconds!

Admitting you're wrong is a good step, but you've got a long way
to go.

So in the real world they're about the same speed...

No, only in the Matrix you live in.

ability to race other J30s and so on.

You can race an Express 30 against a J30. Ask Doug to explain it
to you.

You can't
even find a rating for the Express 30 in most places!

Yes you can, but first you'll have to step out of the Matrix.

SBV

rgnmstr

except the J30 has a MUCH nicer interior, proper tiller for a
racer, ability to race other J30s and so on. It also looks better and
is a more versatile boat overall. And J-Boat still exists. You can't
even find a rating for the poor Depress 30 in most places!

J30 = better boat? Are you refering to the port chainplate bulkhead
that fails in every boat? or are you refering to the under cockpit
bulkhead that fails in every boat? or are you refering to the stern
area around the engine exhaust that rots and fails on every boat? or
are you refering to the rig that fails at the spreader and buckles on
every boat unless the mod kit is installed beforehand? The J30 is a
good boat but it ain't built better than an Express.

rgnmstr

except the J30 has a MUCH nicer interior

How so? The Express has a proper sea bearth, a teak and holly sole, an
oven, etc. and it's still faster than a J30. The interior of a J30 is
pushed out to the hull so you get more floor space. Big deal.

proper tiller for a racer

I guess a Farr 40 is not a proper racer.

,ability to race other J30s and so on.

There's a few areas up north where Express 30s race 1design. J30
owners can't find a fleet everywhere. In fact I have a friend who
bought one in your state for $14k because there are no fleets up there.

It also looks better and is a more versatile boat overall.

Looks better. This coming from someone who always buys boats with ugly
sterns. Versatile? You wouldn't know the meaning.

Capt. Rob

except the J30 has a MUCH nicer interior

How so? The Express has a proper sea bearth, a teak and holly sole, an

oven, etc. and it's still faster than a J30. The interior of a J30 is
pushed out to the hull so you get more floor space. Big deal.

The interior of the sad an aptly renamed Depress 30:

http://www.niagarayachtsales.com/bro...20Interior.jpg

And the interior of the respected J30:

http://www.jboats.com/j30/images/j30maincab.jpg

I have NEVER seen an interior shot of a Depress 30 that looked better
than the average O'Day interior, but I've sailed aboard J/30's that
were really nice. Perhaps you can steer us to some good interior shots?

Here's info on the J30 Class assoc. http://www.j30.org/
They are very active and the boats here compete locally against
eachother. Can you steer us to some info on the Depress 30 class assoc.
pages?

RB

Capt. Rob

J30 = better boat?

Yup, the ports stay in as well. It also has the superior rig and J Boat
actually has some support for the boat. Can you forward us the # for
Express, so we can give them a call?
Puh-lease. You own a dead-end still-born boat with a cheesy interior
and ugly boxy lines. The only thing good about it is that it gives some
sailing fun to those who can't afford better.
Scotty's helping you now, so...no worries!!!!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB

rgnmstr

Yup, the ports stay in as well.

What?

It also has the superior rig ..

Ain't no way the J30s rig is "superior" I already told you they all
fail at the spreaders.

rgnmstr

The interior of the sad an aptly renamed Depress 30:
http://www.niagarayachtsales.com/bro.../Fwd%20Interio...

And the interior of the respected J30:
http://www.jboats.com/j30/images/j30maincab.jpg

Cleaver how you post links to photos of early Express 30s and compare
them to photos of what has to be one of the last J30s built. Only a
handfull of J30s built late in the run circa 1985 have the interior you
posted. Oh, and was that a "brochure" photo? Nice try. I just don't
get your point but I guess your trolling once again. You really should
get a job so you can help out with the bills and feel more like a man.