captkeywest

Default Ablative Antifouling - SW FL

ablative Antifouling - SW FL

If anyone's had good results with a particular ablative antifouling
paint in
SW Florida waters, I would appreciate knowing what it is and hearing
comments.
Thanks, rbc

Capt. Neal®

"captkeywest" wrote in message oups.com...
ablative Antifouling - SW FL

If anyone's had good results with a particular ablative antifouling
paint in
SW Florida waters, I would appreciate knowing what it is and hearing
comments.
Thanks, rbc

I don't use ablative paint because I expect multi-season use from
my bottom paint and I like to snorkel around and clean it from
time to time with a scrub brush.

Recently, I tried Vivid (yellow) on one of my dinghies and it is awesome.
After two months so far there is not a speck of slime or anything on the
bottom.

It's expensive but it looks like it might be the way to go if it continues
to hold up this well. There is an addition "hazardous material" surcharge
on the shipping so what does that tell you? It just might be the answer
to the banning of TBT.

CN

Ablative Antifouling - SW FL Len Krauss Cruising 2 April 23rd 05 03:31 AM
antifouling paint help Jeff Zimmerman General 7 January 27th 04 01:50 PM
Waterline Antifouling Capt. Mooron ASA 4 October 22nd 03 04:17 AM
Antifouling A/C raw water systems Larry General 0 July 31st 03 12:57 AM
Antifouling A/C raw water systems Larry Cruising 0 July 31st 03 12:57 AM