Joe

Default Metal sailboats are superior

To Plastic IMO.

Why you ask.

I will tell you why my friend!

It's stronger
It's Cheaper
It will last longer
It is easier to work with
It is lighter than a plastic boat with the same strength.
You can find a welder in Bum**** egypt.
You can find steel in " " egypt
Coatings are cheaper.

Any Questions? Only related to sailboat construction please!

Joe
MSV RedCloud
A Boat to Envy!

Zåçhårîåh Tôr||§kî

Joe whined:

To Plastic IMO.

Why you ask.

I will tell you why my friend!

It's stronger
It's Cheaper
It will last longer
It is easier to work with
It is lighter than a plastic boat with the same strength.
You can find a welder in Bum**** egypt.
You can find steel in " " egypt
Coatings are cheaper.

Any Questions? Only related to sailboat construction please!

Yes I do have a question Sir. If I run into the side of your plastic
sailboat, doing approximately 80 mph in my Jet 409 Chevy, what will
the aftermath be?
Maxprop

"Zåçhårîåh Tôr||§kî" wrote in message

Joe whined:

To Plastic IMO.

Why you ask.

I will tell you why my friend!

It's stronger
It's Cheaper
It will last longer
It is easier to work with
It is lighter than a plastic boat with the same strength.
You can find a welder in Bum**** egypt.
You can find steel in " " egypt
Coatings are cheaper.

Any Questions? Only related to sailboat construction please!

Yes I do have a question Sir. If I run into the side of your plastic
sailboat, doing approximately 80 mph in my Jet 409 Chevy, what will
the aftermath be?

Spend just a little more time reading, Zach, and a little less
pontificating. He's touting the benefits of steel, not FRP.

Max

JG

I don't know about lighter. A 20' boat made out of metal would be much
heavier than my 20' fiberglass boat.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
To Plastic IMO.

Why you ask.

I will tell you why my friend!

It's stronger
It's Cheaper
It will last longer
It is easier to work with
It is lighter than a plastic boat with the same strength.
You can find a welder in Bum**** egypt.
You can find steel in " " egypt
Coatings are cheaper.

Any Questions? Only related to sailboat construction please!

Joe
MSV RedCloud
A Boat to Envy!

Horvath

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:41:44 -0800, "JG" wrote
this crap:

I don't know about lighter. A 20' boat made out of metal would be much
heavier than my 20' fiberglass boat.

I could lift your flimsy Cal 20 with one hand.

This post is 100% free of steroids
DSK

Joe wrote:
To Plastic IMO.

Why you ask.

Because you don't know any better, and you have the sort of inferiority
comlex that compels you to shout about how great you (and your toys) are.

I will tell you why my friend!

It's stronger

No it isn't. Ever heard of carbon fiber?

It's Cheaper

Especially to recycle.

It will last longer

Except that it rusts away to powder

It is easier to work with

If you have a welding set, a couple years of schooling, and a decade or
more of practice

It is lighter than a plastic boat with the same strength.

Wrong.

You can find a welder in Bum**** egypt.

You can carry a can of WEST epoxy right on board with you

You can find steel in " " egypt

??

Coatings are cheaper.

Wrong again.

Any Questions? Only related to sailboat construction please!

Are you building a boat?

DSK

Joe

DSK wrote:
Joe wrote:
To Plastic IMO.

Why you ask.

Because you don't know any better, and you have the sort of

inferiority
comlex that compels you to shout about how great you (and your toys)

are.

I did not shout anything Dougieee. And Ive been on boats for at least
100,000 + more miles that you. I do know better.

I will tell you why my friend!

It's stronger

No it isn't. Ever heard of carbon fiber?

Carbon fiber is not fiberglass or plastic.. And your an engineer?

It's Cheaper

Especially to recycle.

Yeah, no one wants anything to do with a plastic scrap boat, they just
take up space in landfills.

It will last longer

Except that it rusts away to powder

Ever hear of paint? If you put this magic stuff(paint) on metal it
repels rust, It's amazing.

It is easier to work with

If you have a welding set, a couple years of schooling, and a decade

or
more of practice

VS doing a proper job replacing a rotton hull spot, welding is a
pleasure.

It is lighter than a plastic boat with the same strength.

Wrong.

Says you. I know its fact.

You can find a welder in Bum**** egypt.

You can carry a can of WEST epoxy right on board with you

Yeah a can of glue....Bwahahahahah

You can find steel in " " egypt

?? Not going to find west epoxy everywhere Doug.

Coatings are cheaper.

Wrong again.

Says you. A gallon of top quality epoxy paint is always going to be
cheaper than gelcoats.

Any Questions? Only related to sailboat construction please!

Are you building a boat?

Maybe..

Joe

DSK

Lew Hodgett

Subject

Superior to what?

Horse **** and alfalfa maybe.

Lew

Home of the bullet proof boat.

WHY SAILBOATS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN Sail Bum Cruising 22 June 3rd 04 02:56 AM
??? M.L. Browne General 0 May 17th 04 04:38 PM
WHY SAILBOATS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN Sail Bum ASA 3 May 14th 04 04:36 PM
WHY SAILBOATS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN Sail Bum General 0 May 14th 04 04:16 AM
Lake Superior - Michipicoten Bay - needs your assistance Mark Leschishin Touring 0 April 20th 04 06:25 AM