Thom Stewart

Tad,

Do you remember gasoline at 11 cents a gallon. Do you remember a new
Chevy or Ford for $6oo. Do you remember damn few people could afford to
by a new car.

We were born before Fm radio, television, frozen food, plastic,
polioshots, ball point pens,dishwashers, clothes driers, credit cards,
air conditioners, electric blankets, pantyhose, the PILL!

We could get 10 cent for a Saturday afternoon movie if we could find
enough empty soda bottle to take back to the grocery store for deposit.
( Made of glass)

ROCK Music was a Grandma's lullaby sung in a rocking chair

We knew gasoline, car tires, sugar, butter and meat rationing.

I remember unpaved road with three ruts in them. Two made by wagon
wheels and the middle one made by the horse

But WE SURVIVED!! If you remember life then you were born before WW2.
If you were TAD, then you are on our side of the GENERATION GAP!! You're
OLD

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Kate;

That is a Blessing I'll miss. I'll never know Grandchildren. My line
ends with my Son and Daughter

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Dave,

My IOU's have been more than "PAID IN FULL" many years ago. I've no
complaints, believe me and thank you.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Dave,

Here goes "Old Remember When" again.

I do believe that Roll Your Own was called a Target. They became popular
during WW2 when we were in the Armed Services. We could buy a pack of
Cig. for 5c. The tobacco companies weren't ready for that. The Civilian
supply became real short.

The story we got, when they upped production they couldn't get the
green paper because of all the "olive drab the military was using. We
all believed it was a cost cutting move to use white paper. Anyway, they
came out with a slogan; "Lucky Strike Green has gone to War" How could
we call them cheap after that?

Ah yes, I remember.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Horass,

I really don't believe you're capable of painting an image. Even a Stone
Age Image.

Post something believable and stop your damn bragging! I heard you never
got a passing grade in finger painting. (g)

Ole Thom