Capt. Neal®

Right you are. We did not get any pictures of the rough day. LP was hanging
on too carefully and it was to the point where I was being overpowered in
the gusts where I had to luff up from time to time till the gusts passed.

There were plenty of white horses all over. The pics shown depict the
conditions where the wind was from 10-20 knots.

There were still some left-over seas of 4-5 feet in the Gulf Stream but they
were big rollers and not steep. In the four pics from the movie in the Gulf
Stream there is a four-footer rolling by. Cameras tend to minimize the size
of waves because they get them from above.

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Neal,

Thanks for the pics!! Nice! Looks like you had a nice sail.

Crappy, I didn't see a single "White Cap" or a reefed Sail. I was
expecting to see winds in the thirties. All the pictures you showed are
"Gentle Breeze" conditions. Nothing wrong with that but you were talking
about 3 to 4 foot waves and winds in the thirties. Looks like everything
was under 12 knots. GREAT for sailing.

Thanks again,
Ole Thom

Capt. Mooron

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

Right you are. We did not get any pictures of the rough day. LP was
hanging
on too carefully and it was to the point where I was being overpowered in
the gusts where I had to luff up from time to time till the gusts passed.

Did you use the tried & true "here sit on my lap and I'll teach you how to
steer" ploy??
I love when you get to the "hold on tight now" part...... as you sheet in
the main!
Don't the clothes just fly off'em after you turn downwind??

Oh that's right..... your little boat dosen't like it downwind. That's
typical of fin keelers!

CM

Capt. Neal®

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message news:hb5Sd.5356$9a3.4639@edtnps91...
Oh that's right..... your little boat dosen't like it downwind. That's
typical of fin keelers!

CM

My yacht will go downwind faster than your heavy Colin Archer-type slug.

Fin keelers can surf while those old-fashioned (i.e. obsolete) boats like
yours just wallow in the trough like the garbage scows they were designed
after.

CN
Scott Vernon

IF this trip really took place, and IF 'LP' was onboard taking the
pics, I would assume that in the rougher conditions the camera was the
last thing on her mind.

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Neal,

Thanks for the pics!! Nice! Looks like you had a nice sail.

Crappy, I didn't see a single "White Cap" or a reefed Sail. I was
expecting to see winds in the thirties. All the pictures you showed

are
"Gentle Breeze" conditions. Nothing wrong with that but you were

talking
about 3 to 4 foot waves and winds in the thirties. Looks like

everything
was under 12 knots. GREAT for sailing.

Thanks again,
Ole Thom

Scott Vernon

You mean that you believe that Cappy had her...... "manning the

rudder"??

CM

Nah, not after she snickered at the size of his tiller.

SV

Joe

Capt. Neal=AE wrote:
http://captneal.homestead.com/keysail05.html

for your viewing pleasure. Yes, there actually IS some warm, blue
water out there in case all you snowbound dweebs have forgotten . . .

CN

Greetings Capt.Neal,

Enjoyed you photos. It's nice to see Jim Family Sailor and I are not
the only one sailing this winter on this NG. Mooron has the poorest
excuse ever...1" of ice Bwahahahahahah on his bay. RedCloud would just
crunch thru that like a hot knife thru butter if I wanted to sail.

Any how a few comments of your fine pictures.

1 the bird is drying his wings not fixing to releave himself.
2 Your jib is hitting your lifelines, Whats with that?
3 Noticed no picture of LP which BTW I guessed was indeed your crew.

Why did you go to the stream? Did you troll on the edges for big game?

And I was the 69th viewer of your postings I think someone was giving
me a hint as to why LP came to visit you. Your better be careful what
you say Katy's going to be real jelious. Catfights a commin im sure.

Joe

Capt. Mooron

"Joe" wrote in message

Mooron has the poorest
excuse ever...1" of ice Bwahahahahahah on his bay. RedCloud would just
crunch thru that like a hot knife thru butter if I wanted to sail.

There is no way in hell you would move that rust bucket through a kilometer
of ice up here my warm weather, inexperienced, buddy! . Pan Ice is one
thing..... shore to shore frozen seawater at an minimum of 2" thick is
another matter altogether!

You seem to forget that Overproof was in the Arctic for over ten years
before moving here and she has seen a lot of ice in her days. Even with your
engine at full throttle you'd be drove up and stalled on progress within
your hull length. You need to ride up over the ice and use the weight of the
vessel to break it. Your boat cannot do that without a big increase in HP or
some alteration of your entry. Under Sail?? .... It'll never happen.

BTW - someone down the road here has a steel hull sailboat for sale..... it
looks to be about 45 ft with a fin keel. I believe it has the deck but no
cabins. I'll take a photo and post it to my webshots.

CM

Thom Stewart

Hear that Static in the post under his heading? He is simply
interference.

Capt. Mooron

Bubba is Bob.... everyone here knows that.

CM