Capt. Mooron

Default B&Q - Support

Here is a basic idea of the support that B&Q was subject to during the
Record Attempt....

http://tinylink.com/?9CEAjpgokv

She was monitored 100% of the time..... even sleep patterns were monitored.

I can't as yet find a detailed outlay of the vessel's navigational array...
but I'm looking.

CM

Gilligan

Arise Dame Ellen (not to mention lieutenant commander)

Paul Kelso
Wednesday February 9, 2005
The Guardian

Ellen MacArthur was back on land last night, with three new titles to her
name - unofficial first lady of the seas, dame and lieutenant commander.

By the time she had tied up her trimaran, B&Q, in Falmouth, Cornwall,
yesterday lunchtime, she was confirmed as probably the youngest ever dame.

MacArthur was also honoured by the Royal Navy, which announced yesterday she
had been created an honorary navy officer bearing the title Lieutenant
Commander in the Royal Navy Reserve. "She's in the navy now," said navy
spokesman Sagar Sharma.

Thousands of supporters were on the harbourside at Falmouth to greet her as
the world's fastest solo round-the-world sailor. Hundreds more welcomed her
home aboard a flotilla of boats that sailed to meet her.

Tributes also flowed. Sir Chay Blyth, who sailed around the world non-stop
against the prevailing wind in 292 days in 1970-71, said: "What Ellen has
done is truly remarkable."

Fellow solo sailor Emma Richards, 28, who came fourth in the 2003 Around
Alone race, said: "She had already achieved a huge amount but she then took
on a challenge that was among the toughest in the world."

MacArthur, overwhelmed by her reception, paid tribute to her support team:
"There was always a team of people behind me, in mind if not in body." She
said she planned to rest before taking on further records. But next on her
list could be the transatlantic record. "The record is there and it's
something I'll be aiming for," she said.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Here is a basic idea of the support that B&Q was subject to during the
Record Attempt....

http://tinylink.com/?9CEAjpgokv

She was monitored 100% of the time..... even sleep patterns were

monitored.

I can't as yet find a detailed outlay of the vessel's navigational

array...
but I'm looking.

CM

Thom Stewart

Good Post CM!

As Robin Knox says; With all the new technology any body that doesn't
use it is foolish.

Do you hear that, Foolish Crapton Neal? Foolish

Ole Thom

Capt. Neal®

And I suppose you call that abortion on the bottom of
your keel technology?

Bwahahahhahahhahhahahh!

CN

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Good Post CM!

As Robin Knox says; With all the new technology any body that doesn't
use it is foolish.

Do you hear that, Foolish Crapton Neal? Foolish

Ole Thom

Scott Vernon

Hells bells, with all that support Neal coulda done it.

Scotty

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
Here is a basic idea of the support that B&Q was subject to during

the
Record Attempt....

http://tinylink.com/?9CEAjpgokv

She was monitored 100% of the time..... even sleep patterns were

monitored.

I can't as yet find a detailed outlay of the vessel's navigational

array...
but I'm looking.

CM

OT Support your candidate basskisser General 0 August 27th 04 01:02 PM
transom support Mike Kasiorek General 7 May 10th 04 10:23 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM